Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS L67 Ute Project

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I wish E10 was more common.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I wish we had E85 at the pump and it wasn't treated like an exotic race fuel (and priced like it).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Got the 15x7 chasers with 255/60/15 on ute today...mofo's sidewall is in line with 1/4 panel skin BUT with split tubs atleast 3' of clearance inside wheel.

Do have a vl wagon diff will need to get 28spline axles & lsd for it that hopefully tucks tyre inside wheel arch...other option is custom chasers as don't want shorten diff.

Funny part is from most angles can't really it's big tyre untill compare to stock wheel/tyre.

215/70/15 on 15x7 most definitely easier option of getting 27' tall tyre under for roll racing & skids/powercruise etc

E85 does smell nice as there are 2 servo's not far that sell it so get to see alot of modifieds cruise past on weekends...useless for me as cars rarely run or get driiven so maintenance issues would suck.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Got the 15x7 chasers with 255/60/15 on ute today...mofo's sidewall is in line with 1/4 panel skin BUT with split tubs atleast 3' of clearance inside wheel.

Do have a vl wagon diff will need to get 28spline axles & lsd for it that hopefully tucks tyre inside wheel arch...other option is custom chasers as don't want shorten diff.

Funny part is from most angles can't really it's big tyre untill compare to stock wheel/tyre.

215/70/15 on 15x7 most definitely easier option of getting 27' tall tyre under for roll racing & skids/powercruise etc

E85 does smell nice as there are 2 servo's not far that sell it so get to see alot of modifieds cruise past on weekends...useless for me as cars rarely run or get driiven so maintenance issues would suck.

Yeah I've got the 235/60/15's etc Love them.. look a bit weird tho :)
I drive around with 25 PSI in them. very comfy ride and very grippy, even in the wet..
I don't do many miles in the car, so they still look like new. I dropped the tyre pressures last time I was at Archy doing street drags and left them there ever since.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Been a long while.

But I installed this second fuel tank the other day.

1666228608292.png

will be running 98 out of the stock tank and E85 out of this new one.
Running duel fuel, via the haltek ECU.

I've pretty much got everything now to set it up.
I've got the new fuel line plumbing to get to the front.
I've got the turbos, the gates,

the new dash to fit the haltek dash.

Life has gotten in the way, and haven't had time to get this completed..

Havent raced for so long now.. I'm going stir crazy..
That being said, I've been having a ton of fun in our new toy.

1666228796195.png

Of course I got the duel engine one LOL

These cars are amazing, my wife said.. (never been a car fan.) "I've never loved a car before but I love this one." LOL

happy wife happy life....
These things are insanely fast, especially being 4wd. they just grip and accelerate..
Got solar here, so we plug it in during the day.. and my wife has found all the free chargers on the GC.
So extremely cheap to run.. Our last 4cyl turbo mercedes burned $100 in fuel per week.

Half considering taking it roll racing just for fun. And since My ute's not ready, at least it will get me out there.

One thing about these cars.
If you are hammering it, you can almost see the battery drain in front of your eyes.
If you take it easy, the battery lasts forever.

Interesting for you math nerds..
My solar is 10kw.. but 8kw inverter.
The battery is 50k.
But with solar, you only get true 8wk during peak times on a sunny day for 2 hours.
so to replenish the battery from flat using our home solar charging for 2 hours per day (16kw)

50/16 = 3 and a bit days.
That's the perfect senario.

If you work during the day, you can rule that out.
If it's cloudy or raining, you can rule that out.
I didn't buy it to save the planet LOL
I bought it because they are extremely fun to drive and knew my wife would love it..

I told her how much we'd save on fuel and solar .. blah blah LOL

right now it does 0 to 60 in 4.2
I can make it 3.7 easily.. just tap on the payment button on the tesla app and pay $3k LOL
Which I'll do at some point.

So as it stands, it's probably faster than my 305 rwhp ute.
But once I get the turbos on it, the ute will be faster again.. I bloody hope hahaha