Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS not starting

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
i have an l67 conversion ive been working on. Ive been logging data, just idling in the driveway because I've got a bit of a misfire. it does this thing where the engine starts to get a bit warm (even if it goes over 100deg). the fans wont kick in so i turn the car off and back on for the fans to kick in instantly. the car then cools down but when it warms back up again the second time the fans will kick in by themselves but wont turn off at all, even way down to like 75 degrees.

So earlier this arvo, i was out there logging data trying to find something, car warmed up, i turned it off and started it back up to kick the fans in and cool it down. it cools down. Then when it warmed up and the fans kicked back in, i proceeded to then tap the relays in the engine bay thinking it may have been a sticky relay. no result. turned the car off. and now it wont start. it cranks, but to me seems like it has no spark as it doesn't even try to start.
Ive no idea, pump primes up. any ideas greatly appreciated.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
i have an l67 conversion ive been working on. Ive been logging data, just idling in the driveway because I've got a bit of a misfire. it does this thing where the engine starts to get a bit warm (even if it goes over 100deg). the fans wont kick in so i turn the car off and back on for the fans to kick in instantly. the car then cools down but when it warms back up again the second time the fans will kick in by themselves but wont turn off at all, even way down to like 75 degrees.

So earlier this arvo, i was out there logging data trying to find something, car warmed up, i turned it off and started it back up to kick the fans in and cool it down. it cools down. Then when it warmed up and the fans kicked back in, i proceeded to then tap the relays in the engine bay thinking it may have been a sticky relay. no result. turned the car off. and now it wont start. it cranks, but to me seems like it has no spark as it doesn't even try to start.
Ive no idea, pump primes up. any ideas greatly appreciated.
Do you have the L67 pcm & bcm?

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Do you have the L67 pcm & bcm?
Yeah I have an l67 ecu. I didn't change my bcm but. I didn't think that was required. It's was running but. I was logging at the time.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Try reseating the relays, if not replace the EFI and start relays.

You had it running until playing in that area.

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Try reseating the relays, if not replace the EFI and start relays.

You had it running until playing in that area.
Yeah pretty much that's all I can think of I've got no codes and it didn't do anything other than the thermo fans.
I've got 12v at the dfi with the ignition on. Not sure how to test the cam or crank sensor, but I feel I would have a code if they were no good?

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Have a look at 'EasyAutoDiagnostics.com' that will give you the information to test cam sensor and CAS.
That's an awesome link, it's a shame that it has so many ads.
My problem ended up being the new dfi module. No idea why, but these new delphi ones are trash. Its the second faulty one theyve sent me. First one had a dud pin. Can't win lol

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
That's an awesome link, it's a shame that it has so many ads.
My problem ended up being the new dfi module. No idea why, but these new delphi ones are trash. Its the second faulty one theyve sent me. First one had a dud pin. Can't win lol
I was getting new delphi dfi & coil packs from Melbourne.
After 4? l would just go to the wrecker & get dfi & coil packs, $50.00, plus a spare l keep in the car.
With the tools to change it.
Last time l had to change it was 2018 on the way to Dandenong.
Nearly there & it **** itself. 10 - 15 minutes later l was on the road again.

Got another one when l got back to Geelong.
6 years later, its still sitting in the back for when l need it!
I just hope l've remembered the tools, for next time?