Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS on Gas - Great Mileage!

zuton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
i've got gas, no pwer loss, and you can buy a chip that is for both lpg/petrol if you're worried, as for consumption. round town 72 litres at 48c gets me 650 highway and a bout 450 town k's. all for $35. if the rebates still going. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE PENNIES FROM HEAVEN.!!!

rappa

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive dual fuel
In my diesel hilux I get 600km out 60 litres of vegetable oil and being for free and enviro friendly can't get cheaper than that!

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
Is this answer totally truthful? :whistling

What would I have to gain by telling a lie about how far I get with my gas conversion.

Do you get a prize at the end of the day for the biggest whopper. I am just telling it how it is. My last tank I got 607 kilometres before it changed back to petrol, the tank before that I only got 570 kilometres, mainly because I was angry at work.

But the most I have seen from my gas tank is 640 kilometres.

Bear in mind, the injected gas starts on petrol and runs on it for approx 3 kilometres before changing over to gas (temp).

rocco555

Reaction score
Members Ride
E46 M3
When I looked into gas the guy told me you can and he does make it to Adelaide *JUST* on a tank in a V6 Commodore, that's over 600kms on the highway

is that the same guy who was about to sell you a $4,000 gas system?

Kingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
I get roughly 450km/65lt of gas and thats city driving.
NEVER go by the gas gauge, it tells lies. Mine is actually stuffed and stays on red all the time. But you can run the gas right down until there's nothing left. Once it starts running out you will know, because your car can only hit a certain max rpm, and this gets lower and lower until you are dead out of gas ;)
it's interesting to floor it, and see the needle hit 3000 and stay there..

best way to know if you are low on gas is to go by mileage, not little lights.

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
I usually don't run it completely out, usually fill it when the red light comes on.

I constantly have cruise control on, therefore reducing consumption.

I do about 70% Highway/Freeway driving.

Edit: I don't feel a lack of power. When I drove on petrol to driving on gas I felt no difference but I don't floor it around either. It's still got the power if I need it for overtaking etc.

Edit: Mrhotdog - I don't know what you by type of gas you get. Maybe different states sell different gas but I'm sure in Perth theres only thereone kind. All petrol stations only have 1 Pump Machine (2 hoses, each the same). Unless you mean different petrol stations sell different grades or something. But nothing gets written on the pumps at ours... just GAS lol.

different servos have slightly different mixtures of butane/propane, i find BP gives best mileage and power.

I am getting 600 to 650 kilometres per 72 litres of gas on mine and thats around town driving. Its a VZ 2005 on gas injection (dual fuel).

urs is injected so of course u get better economy, mine is just the mixer style

J_Bird

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VS Executive Wagon 3.8L
I love lpg on my VS holden commodore. My standard mods so far are just a K&n air filter, sports exhaust cat back, and thats it.

My commodore like the above user used to idle roughly alot. So I just took it into the company they did my car. And just replaced it with performance leads and sparkies. And runs smooth now. If I am doing high way driving I can get 400kms on a 50.4L donut tank. It cost me $20 for 330kms? cheap ass. Alot of people say gas cars have high maintence costs.. aload of rubbish.As long as you service and run it fuel for 10mins per week your sweet.The amount of money you save is amazing.

J_Bird

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VS Executive Wagon 3.8L
If you drive a wagon, you have the option of placing a donut gas tank in where the spare tyre sits. Which for me is 50.4 Litres because you can only fill it up to 80% maximum. I still get to keep the spare tyre too.As for sedans thats a different story...

Cobra Clutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ii
I get around 700km for an 80 litre tank and it cost me $100 with the rebate.
They do tune ups for free whenever you need them too.

Another 100 bucks and they gave me genuine holden leads and bosch plugs...

Gashop in Springvale. Its all they do.