Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS rough on start up, then fine

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
ok i did the restart thingy!

checked codes, code 49, took +ve off for 10 mins, re connected and started her up and...............

SHE GOT WORSE!!

imediatly re loged the code 49 but my god she ran horribaly!! coughd and splutterd, nealy stalled several times and was generly crap, ofcorse once i let her idol for a lil bit and warm up she was fine but the start was truly crap!

now im realy mixed up, if it was an electrics issue surly it shouldent have been that crap!

OzJD

Reaction score
Website
jeltel.com.au
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice V II (V8)
once warmed up, was she fine?
and after warm, did you try her in a moving gear? results?

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea she was fine after she warmed up and same in reverse and drive, im so confuzed by this

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
dfi cas or cam sensor/or wiring for them or even ecu ide say ide start by trying to borrow someones DFI and coilpacks.plus allways dissconnect the -ve battery terminal not the +ve your ecu will love you for it.

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
how much is all that gunna cast, i dont know enough people with coil packs and dfi's would holden have some etc?

OzJD

Reaction score
Website
jeltel.com.au
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice V II (V8)
Just noticed this over here: Unofficial Holden Commodore Archive - Technical Tips

VN - VY V6 Commodore hard starting and misfiring under load

Fault- coil pack or DFI module

Also on a VN onwards Commodore V6 (especially VN). If the DFI module (the module sandwiched under the coil packs) stuffs up on you on the side of the road try this... remove the coil packs and then turn on the ignition for a minute or two. The DFI module is spit into 3 separate modules (as the coil pack is also 3 separate coils). After the ignition has been on for some time feel (with your fingers) each individual module section and see which one is the hottest (careful, one may be very hot). The hottest one is the one that is shorted out. unplug that individual module and tape up the wires. Then replace the coil packs and you can limp home on 4 cylinders. A tip from my brother who does roadside assistance work for RACQ in Queensland.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
well im getting new coils n leads soon aswell as that thing fixed on friday so if non of them fix it it cud be my dfi although my doesnt backfire when driving or under load and runs perfectly

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey guys,

This sounds like a very similar problem i had with my VS. I replaced the DFI Module and Coil Packs, now she is running as good as new. I picked up everything from the wreckers for $70.

Here are some pics, incase some people are unsure where the DFI module is located.

coilpacksanddfi.jpg

dfiplug.jpg

dfiscrews.jpg

Hope this helps :)

Cheers

Mumbo Man

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the dif and cas replacement was really directed at psyko pheonix as he had code 49.