Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Senator - How Many Were Made?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
i have a VS S/2 185i with PATHER MICA paint & coulson full leather interior.
i am having problems getting it insured as they claim these 2 are NOT standard...which I KNOW they are!
I have been told thatthe PANTHER MICA 185i with the coulson are not commodore based, they are berlina based muscle cars?????????? And that they are RARE?
I was just wondering how i find this info out????? & if you have 1...who is your insurer please :p
cheers :)
ring hsv.....thay will want your details to prove you own what you asking about.......dont excpect them to be overly helpfull................racv or shannons should insure the car.........nothing over special about the car as for how many made? i have nio idea? vs 1998 vs maloo there was 255 made as for yours i have no idea

KEZ446

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator 185i
yeh been speaking to HSV head in melb most of day, they said they have shitty records on the specs and stuff on the car, it is panther tho, 408 TOTAL of that car were made, but they cannot find out how many with the panther mica paint-there is no info recorded :( she said best guess 20....i would deem that rare :p i rang shannons, shes insured now, thank god. They went to great lengths to be helpful..must of got them on a good day lol

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh been speaking to HSV head in melb most of day, they said they have shitty records on the specs and stuff on the car, it is panther tho, 408 TOTAL of that car were made, but they cannot find out how many with the panther mica paint-there is no info recorded :( she said best guess 20....i would deem that rare :p i rang shannons, shes insured now, thank god. They went to great lengths to be helpful..must of got them on a good day lol

I DONT THINK YOU WOULD OF BEEEN SPEAKING TO HSV MOSt OF THE Day ? AS WHAT YOU NEEDED TO KNOW WOULD OF TAKEN THEM ALL OF 5 MINUTES TO tell you....and yes thair records for early hsv is pretty shitty at best( i know from my own experiances) as for 408 made thats still 408 of the same model made(not realy that rare) regardless of color,mate i have a 1998 maloo in diablo red the 1998 vs maloo only 255 were made 15 with the bloody ugly wing and the other 240 with the sailplain.....15 left hsv WITH THE BLOODY UGLY REAR WING(TAKE A LOOK IN MY PROFILE PIC if want to see the wing) NOW DO I SAY MY CAR IS RARE CAUSE ITS 1 OF ONLY 255 maloos and only 1 of onlly 15 OF THE 255 MALOOS made with the rear wing( NAH SHE AINT RARE SHES JUST A TARTED UP HOLDEN UTE) MAY BE WORTH A TINY BIT MORE THAN THE AVARGE V8 UTE but at the end of the day its just a holden 1998 vs ute tarted up by hsv and i dont think its that rare..... my 1976 LX SLR5000 torana 100% ORIGANAL is a rare aussie muscle car THAT IVE HAD FOR ALMOS T25 YEARS> I GOT IT WHEN I WAS 20YO AND IM NOW 45YO I PAID $4100 IN 1985 >as for the color being only 1 of 20 OR SO that isnt RARE at all if it was 5? maybe>>>>>>>my maloo is just a ute and wont be worth any more in 5 years than it is now....cheeeers ps and i have the coulsen seats( if thats what thay are called as well in mint nik) my maloo, seats and all aint rare thats for sure

Last edited:

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh been speaking to hsv head in melb most of day, they said they have shitty records on the specs and stuff on the car, it is panther tho, 408 total of that car were made, but they cannot find out how many with the panther mica paint-there is no info recorded :( she said best guess 20....i would deem that rare :p i rang shannons, shes insured now, thank god. They went to great lengths to be helpful..must of got them on a good day lol

shannons>>>> what did thay charge? I bet thay stung you?

KEZ446

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator 185i
nah pretty good, $80 a month, insured for $11,000-mostly coz i WONT modify it

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Are you sure your car came standard with the coulson seats. As the vs range had the devonish style seats. Even the series 2 which my senator is

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
nah pretty good, $80 a month, insured for $11,000-mostly coz i WONT modify it

$960 a year......my maloo is $520 with the same ppl....im 45yo with no claims

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Are you sure your car came standard with the coulson seats. As the vs range had the devonish style seats. Even the series 2 which my senator is

yeah clint i think mine are called devonish.......he may have devonish and think thay are coulsons?

luvhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
red vs senator 383
hi guys i just bought a red vs senator was told they only ever produced 11 .is that true?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
hi guys i just bought a red vs senator was told they only ever produced 11 .is that true?

1. Good thread dig noob
2. No one cares!