Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Series 1 does it have Central Locking?

MMAATE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec Wags
i dont know about anyone else but my 96 series 1 exec wagon doesnt have central locking either...the boot occasionally unlocks when the doors are unlocked manually but the only thing that happens usually is the interior light coming on. i have just recently replaced the head of the key so it cant be the battery...may have to look inside the doors...is there much work involved if i want to put in central locking
and does anyone else have a series 1 wagon without central locking?

My series 1 exec VR wagon even has central locking, thats weird..

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My 12/95 build BT1 exec has central locking.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
Yeah the 'tradie' pack utes missed out on a lot of stuff that was standard on exec. Some dont have tachos or speed alert either.

i didn't get air con, or a tacho, or speed alert, or a low fuel light, no airbags, no abs.

but i got central locking, electric mirrors and 3 seats.

ps. this was on a series 2

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
i didn't get air con, or a tacho, or speed alert, or a low fuel light, no airbags, no abs.

but i got central locking, electric mirrors and 3 seats.

ps. this was on a series 2

OMG i only just noticed ur ute doesn't have air con? How do you live?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
i dont know about anyone else but my 96 series 1 exec wagon doesnt have central locking either...the boot occasionally unlocks when the doors are unlocked manually but the only thing that happens usually is the interior light coming on. i have just recently replaced the head of the key so it cant be the battery...may have to look inside the doors...is there much work involved if i want to put in central locking
and does anyone else have a series 1 wagon without central locking?

Your car obviously does have central locking. There is either a wiring fault, or all the actuators are shagged.

If the boot occasionally unlocks when the doors are unlocked manually this means that

1). there is a switch in your drivers door
2). there is an actuator in your boot for the lock
3). one or both of these is faulty.

It surprises me how many people dont understand central locking, its one of the simplest systems most cars have.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Unless its an s-pac, a vs series one ute wont have central locking. The original keyhead would have only had one button that says 'doors' on it. It would appear that when this keyhead eventually died it was replaced with a 2 button head. This doesn't make a difference as it, or even a 3 button head can be programmed to your ute, just the extra buttons will be useless and only the unlock button will turn on the interior light.

jake93vrute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore S1 Spac Ute
Thats what happened with my ute its a vr series1 ute and the key was broken when i brought the ute i had it replaced and they gave me a vs 2 button key. When i pressed the unlock button the interior light turned on, so i did some researching and found that my BCM supported it so it was as simple as going to my local wreckers and getting the door looms and the door locks with the solinoids on them. just plug the looms in and run them in the doors bolt the new locks in took around an hour and a half to do both doors.