Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS SS door Locking issue

Julian1969

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Hi all , before i begin i appreciate anyone's help or advice in advance, cheers

So to keep it brief i have a 1996 VS SS series 2 commodore,

The issue im having is when the Central locking is engaged in the locked position,the key accessable door lock on the drivers side, which is the only door with a key accessable lock ,
Will absolutely not work or Turn,wont budge.

Its basically deadlocked and iv taken the lock barrel out and taken the trim off all to no avail,cant find any identifiable issue.

Heres where it gets weird tho
the key Lock works when the central locking opens the doors ,then and only then does the key turn, however only the drivers side door opens or closes ,it doesn't lock or open any other doors when the key turns.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated,cheers

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Door lock actuator potentially? Have you had a look at that?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Sadly the locking system in these doors suffer from bad connectivity at the actuator.

As these cars age oxidisation will form on the plug contacts. So what needs to be done is that the plug is slid off and on the actuator connections umpteen times thus cutting a new electrical path. Problem is taking the door trims off and cracking open the inner wet seal liner is a pain as these doors run a wet set up inside and that the door liners stop water coming in through the door and leaking out between the door trim and door body and as such leaking into the cabin area and flowing forward into the front footwell area. If you look closely at the bottom of the door liner you'll see two holes that are there for any water to re-enter the door body and then exit via the drain holes right at the bottom of the door.

AmericanGuyInAUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute VS
Remove the Door Lock Actuator and see if the key works properly. I suspect that it's bad as the system is designed so you can't lock the key in the car.