Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Statesman 5.0 Donor for VH SL/X

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
So you've got none on historic...Best you come with me on the 30th of this month, when I have to present my cars for inspection and tell the club I don't have to do it....Now that'd be an interesting video to post up
It aint google, its the real world.....Here ya go some offical club SMASA facebook info so you can deny the truth
https://www.facebook.com/groups/streetmachine/

Tim Barnes
13 February at 00:19

Hi All, I’m looking for some advice/confirmation regarding allowed/legal wheel sizes. My 70 Mercury has never been though Regency, it has factory 14” rims. I’m wanting to put American Racing Thrust II on it and thought I was limited to 16”, however speaking with some local wheel shops apparently I can legally go to 17” or larger due to the recent historic car law changes. Can someone please confirm this or point me to some links with the answers. I plan to Club register it once it passes. Thanks again for your help!

Top of Form

15 comments

LikeCommentShare

Comments

Andrew Elliot I have a 59 chev that i put through regency inspection..it has 20 inch on the back and 18s on the front ...all approved and have the paper work to go ...it was classified as a modification...on club rego ....the original size were 14 inch

Bottom of Form

·

Andrew Elliot

·

Peter Patterson Ask Regency park vehicle standards for your own piece of mind. I have 18s on my Torrie front and back, standard wheels are 13inch passed no problem, they are hot on if your over track, you can walk in and ask over the counter. All depends if you want your ride street legal? for me! a modified car to be engineered and road worthy and for insurance reasons it's important as.

·

Wayne Squire Tyre to be no more or less than 15mm from standard height. Track can be no more or less than 25mm from standard. Load carrying capacity needs to be at least the same as original tyre but not less. Speed rating no less than (S), 180kph for a passenger vehicle. I don't agree with the speed rating but I'm not the one writing the rules.

·

Simon Cole Peter Patterson is offering you the best advice. Ring Vehicle Standards and ask them directly.

·

Div White Tyres
The overall diameter of a wheel and tyre fitted to a vehicle must not be more than 50mm (4WDs) or 15 mm (other vehicles) larger than the largest tyre size listed on the tyre placard and not more than 15 mm less than the smallest tyre size listed …See more

·

Div White info is all hear ..... https://www.sa.gov.au/.../vehicle.../wheels-and-tyres

Leigh_G

..forgot the sump bolt
Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 VH SLX, '08 Prado Grande
Always good to have a spare 304 on the side, good for a future build. We all do it
Are you buying the stato from the brahma lodge area ??

Nah not Brahma Lodge, but still up north east way

Leigh_G

..forgot the sump bolt
Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 VH SLX, '08 Prado Grande
Well the donor is parked up, waiting. And I'm currently ripping out the 202 and trimatic - with any luck that should be all done tomorrow.

Guess the first steps will be to sort out return fuel line, new wiring for fuel pump and sender, and trans xmember.

I picked up a Salisbury 10 bolt with discs, but unfortunately when I pulled it apart, it looks like it had some water get inside at some point, so the crown wheel was pretty rusted.. Guess I could sell the housing and the 28-spline axles.. I think I'll keep an eye out for a BW from a VL.