Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS trans cooler pipes

Jasole88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Hi guys, does anyone know an easy way to remove and replace the cooler lines to the trans, there isn't much room to undo the two pipes out the side I've dropped the trans support hoping it would make more room but hasn't, is there a particuler tool i could use?

Jasole88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Thanks mate but I've tried I just can't get enough room to get in there even after cutting the pipes...

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Un-bolt the trans cross-member and lower on a jack to get some more room.

RCAddict84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
those pipes are a royal pain in the arse.... I use these little 1/2 spanners from mogy tool (awesome for LPG conversions too...but i have read some guys using crows feet to get them undone... another way is to buy a cheap spanner, and re weld it to a more usable angle...

but dont worry they have been annoying people for years

Jasole88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Yeah cheers guys I've got it using offset spanners, do you guys know if it'll matter if I join 10mm to 8mm pipes together? The pipes I replaced going out the trans are 8mm off a vr, and I'm joining them up with the original 10mm pipes from the car will there be an issue of back pressure at all or should they be ok

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I know you've already got it sorted, but I did it by cutting the end off an open end spanner and welding it to a 3/8 drive socket and used a ratchet with a flexible extension to get them undone. Not always possible though, sometimes they need to be cut unfortunately.

Generally the newer transmissions with the bolt on bellhousing use the 10mm lines, and the older ones with the one piece case use the 8mm lines. The lines bolt up in different places so it's not really easy to make it work.

Last edited: