Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Trans into VN

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 VS II Statesman (With a SunRoof ;)
Hi all, im i have a 89 VN Berlina S1 with a dead trans and i am able to buy a Complete VS that has been in a crash, im wondering can i use the VS auto in my VN or would i have to swap engines aswell, id rather keep the VN Motor if possible, both cars a V6 Auto's

Thanks
Greg

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
no you cant just use the gear box there is a pretty big difference between the boxes

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
yeah mate would be a MASSIVE job as vs has electronic gearbox and vn's dont. your ALOT better off just buying a second-hand vn or vp gearbox and swapping them

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea ok then i haven't actually got the wreck yet but i should be able to pick it up for about 500-600 with 209xxx on the clock so i was thinking it would be a good deal then selling the parts i dont use and then selling the body for scarp which is around $150 on its on at the moment so i should be be to make my money back on it

VNSS90

Reaction score
Members Ride
180sx/ve ss
i could prboly get ya a trans hotweelz

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What's the big deal? You are getting the full wreck. Swap the wiring, engine and gear box.
Mod the VS dash to suit or make a few adjustments for the speed alert unit to fit what you have. As long as you get the keys with the wreck you should be OK.

Yeah it is a bit more than just swapping the gear box over though ;)

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
What's the big deal? You are getting the full wreck. Swap the wiring, engine and gear box.
Mod the VS dash to suit or make a few adjustments for the speed alert unit to fit what you have. As long as you get the keys with the wreck you should be OK.

Yeah it is a bit more than just swapping the gear box over though ;)

Yea bit id rather stay with the buick motor tho, thinking i will probally just find a cheap working trans and get rid of it

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
trade the local wrecker the vs for what u want. but there is away to "short the Loom " on a vs box to run it in a vn etc. but you loose the trans auto lock up.

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea i decided to ive the vs idea a miss, dont really want it laying aroud lol, already too much here, so ive got a VN trans lined up for $100 so i reckon ill go that way then sell it on