Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ute ecotec

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
I cant say if cutting the bumpstop brackets off will require engineering. Its not something someone could see has been done if done properly. If you cut them off neatly and fit the wagon stops in there no one will no. I dont recommend doing this if your taking heavy loads. But i havnent had any dramas for the past year and half.

shagaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute ecotec
I cant say if cutting the bumpstop brackets off will require engineering. Its not something someone could see has been done if done properly. If you cut them off neatly and fit the wagon stops in there no one will no. I dont recommend doing this if your taking heavy loads. But i havnent had any dramas for the past year and half.

Alright sweet, what about the spring tower/seat, you'd have to give a cut down the middle between the stop bracket an spring seat cause there joined arnt they ?

shagaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute ecotec
:idea3: have decided to not spend money on this car anymore, as in for things that aren't needed, an I'm buying a Chevy silverado. Love that kinda car an I'm gonna use mine as a daily while I starting knotching the chassis an getting the sills to lay flat on the ground all round haha

shagaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute ecotec
Alright been doin a lot if thinking haha, gettin drawn into it again, question, cars goin through a lot of engine oil, there is a leak but its only slow, so I'm guessing ita burning it. Anyway to fix it ?
Really would appreciate it if someone could help out,

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Valve stem seals, Piston rings, rear main seal and/or housing, timing cover, sump, rocker covers, head gasket.

Check the condition of the spark plugs for a start.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute

shagaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute ecotec
Valve stem seals, Piston rings, rear main seal and/or housing, timing cover, sump, rocker covers, head gasket.

Check the condition of the spark plugs for a start.

Cheers mate, when i get the motor out I'll check over everything, an replace what's gotta be replaced, plugs are about 10000kms old, dunno if that's bad but, noticed I'm getting less fuel to the tank now

shagaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute ecotec
Quoted for truth! Just cruise it, enjoy it for what it is.
Yeah, not gonna do anything big motor wise, just keep that like it it's is, replace what needed to be replaced an the rest haha