Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute running like a pig

Dog_of_a_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 3 vs ute
Hope you didn`t mind ^^^^
I don't really understand this shoz the car sounds completely different and the whole thing vibrates it idles pretty smooth but still vibrates and when u rev it it vibrates and sounds like shiz its never stalled it nearly has but it hasn't

Dog_of_a_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 3 vs ute
Actually could it be where the y piece bolts to the cats leaking or somewhere on the exhaust?

Dog_of_a_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 3 vs ute
I just took it for a drive and it went like shot still and when I accelerated alot the rough vibration shiz came back

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
OK, so no fault codes coming up, idles OK, accelerates rough, smells like fuel and uses a lot of fuel.

All your sensors are plugged in, vacuum lines are all OK, spark plugs are gapped correctly.

If it vibrating under load it suggests one or more cylinders are misfiring. Without the fuel smell I’d be looking at the coil packs, DFI Module given you’ve done the plugs and leads already. With the fuel smell there’s two ways to approach it. Fuel smell is related to the missing or fuel smell is independent. You said it was using a lot of fuel so if that were mine I’d be covering both bases.

Last night I stepped out a check involving releasing each injector harness in turn. Give that a go and blip the throttle by hand to see if any one injector is behaving differently to the others. You squeeze the clipwire on the connector and pull the connector up in alignment with the injector. When you clip them back in make sure the connector is perfectly aligned to the injector axis.