Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute running like a pig

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pull the plugs tomorrow and see if any are black. They should all be white.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Then you have extremely rich running, burning oil or a problem with the spark. Just pulled the O2 plug first and see what happens. Then pull the plugs and check. Considering it run ok for a bit suggests to me the plugs are now fouled.

Reactions: Lex

Dog_of_a_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 3 vs ute
Then you have extremely rich running, burning oil or a problem with the spark. Just pulled the O2 plug first and see what happens. Then pull the plugs and check. Considering it run ok for a bit suggests to me the plugs are now fouled.
The oil is still good ill give that a go and see what happens would it make it a bit easier if I put some videos up of it idling and it reving and of normal driving

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Got brand new pacemaker extractors
From what l've read on this site (jc) when extractors are new they will ruin o2 sensors. The new extractors are coated with something (l can't remember what). Anyway it ruins the o2 sensor(s).
It will run rich too. Over fueling?
Try replacing the o2 sensor(s)?
I know vt v6 have 2 o2 sensors. I don't know if vs s3 have 1 or 2 02 sensors?

Anyway good luck with getting it running properly.

Dog_of_a_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 3 vs ute
From what l've read on this site (jc) when extractors are new they will ruin o2 sensors. The new extractors are coated with something (l can't remember what). Anyway it ruins the o2 sensor(s).
It will run rich too. Over fueling?
Try replacing the o2 sensor(s)?

Anyway good luck with getting it running properly.
Right i did what old mate said and unplug the 02 sensors separately and then I left both unplugged and the car ran the exact same so does that mean there shot its running rough as btw

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
VS has 2 sensors, one on each side. The VZ has extra sensors before and after catalytic converter.

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
Gap the plugs, check for fault codes (see the DTC link and tell us what it’s doing at idle, constant speed and hard acceleration. When the engine loses a sensor it will try to compensate for it through the ECU ‘guessing’ how much fuel air and spark should be running using the sensor inputs it still has operational. This is why you need to start with the basics and work towards a root cause (this is also avoids spending money on sensors only to find something was simply unplugged, split or damaged.)

For example, an unplugged MAF sensor will cause the engine to run badly, other sensors lost will trigger the ECU to change the fuel injector pulsing which can result in over fuelling.

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
Check all vac hoses one under the throttle body. You said sounds like a tractor? You sure your exhaust is all bolted up right could be a massive exhaust leak. Try the simple things first.