Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs v6 no spark help me please!

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
Hey guys I just purchased another vs v6 for $400 with 6 months rego body is really straight and overall pretty clean; the only downside is it has no spark!
I've changed the coil pack and the DFI module, also cleaned the metal plate it sits on because I've heard that can cause it but still nothing, I checked the plugs from the computer and the one in the dash and there all plugged in, I've checked all fuses and relays and yes the fuel pump is priming, I charged the battery just gotta get new terminals after work tomorrow because there pretty screwed, anyone give me some pointers before I do the CAS, I'll also get new leads and plugs tomorrow aswell

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
The fact your getting no spark what so ever tells me your wasting your time with all these components I would be looking deeper as in why is it not triggering a spark..... Maybe like neutral switch (if auto), immobiliser, etc etc hookup the computer and have a look? Look for anything abnormal. I would only be changing like plugs leads coils dfi etc if it was running funny the fact your getting literally nothing is strange, you've taken the plugs off the coils and kicked it over and seen if it was arking yeah? CAS is only $20 so might not be a bad anyway seeing as uv formed out all this money for other things lol anyways let us know how u go!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Do an error code check first. But I would say CAS.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
If it cranks with no spark, an you have changed DFI and Coils. i would say CAS for sure. but check all the wiring as well.