Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 not starting

boults_4545

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 94
OK, So fill to above half way and it starts and runs fine. Apparantly this is pretty common for station wagons right up to VY models. Well known by fleet managers.

Cheers,

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
OK, So fill to above half way and it starts and runs fine. Apparantly this is pretty common for station wagons right up to VY models. Well known by fleet managers.

Cheers,

Sounds like the return line that dumps the fuel back over the pump and into the swirl pot is disconnected possibly, its the one that you can just get too when you take the bolts out and you have to disconnect that hose before you can pull it al out.

To OP, is your little red imobiliser light still flashing while your trying to start it. It may be your key or the metal strip around the key barrel is the problem.

HSV ute

5.0Ltr UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Ute
Ok here is the latest. I have fuel at the rail, I have got spark and runs on Aero start! So that tells me that the DFI Module and crank sensor are fine. I don't have a pulse at the injector still. there is 1/4 of fuel and the fuel pump is priming up and cutting off. I was told by an Auto elec that the theft immobiliser will reset after approx 1 hour with the key on. No go! Does anyone have any last sugestions before I change the computer?

HSV ute

5.0Ltr UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Ute
Sounds like the return line that dumps the fuel back over the pump and into the swirl pot is disconnected possibly, its the one that you can just get too when you take the bolts out and you have to disconnect that hose before you can pull it al out.

To OP, is your little red imobiliser light still flashing while your trying to start it. It may be your key or the metal strip around the key barrel is the problem.

If it is the imobiliser is stuff how do I bypass it?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'm a bit confused (I'm an old bugger) - is it a V6 or bent 8? - your signature indicates an 8 but you mention a different car. Apart from that, try hotwiring the fuel pump so that it is on when the ignition is on - not sure of the wire colour on the pump but check the wiring diagram - make sure the battery is fully charged .....even new batteries can be half flat and Commos need a good battery. Another possibility is the oilpressure switch which supplies power to the pump once the engine starts.
If you haven't changed the filter yet I would say that is also a prime suspect as that will result in not enough fuel line prssure to allow the injectors to inject - the filter is located just where the fuel line exits the tank - cost about $15....do it!

HSV ute

5.0Ltr UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Ute
I'm a bit confused (I'm an old bugger) - is it a V6 or bent 8? - your signature indicates an 8 but you mention a different car. Apart from that, try hotwiring the fuel pump so that it is on when the ignition is on - not sure of the wire colour on the pump but check the wiring diagram - make sure the battery is fully charged .....even new batteries can be half flat and Commos need a good battery. Another possibility is the oilpressure switch which supplies power to the pump once the engine starts.
If you haven't changed the filter yet I would say that is also a prime suspect as that will result in not enough fuel line prssure to allow the injectors to inject - the filter is located just where the fuel line exits the tank - cost about $15....do it!

Sorry to be confusing. I own a 8 ute but I also have a v6 i was given that I'm working on.
The fuel pump is working fine. The problem is no injector pulse! I can get a ECU for $50 as thats where I beleive the problem lies.
I think some people are crossing there threads on this one!

Thanks

HSV ute

5.0Ltr UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Ute
Also, did you simply disconnect the fuel line to fuel rail and switch the ingnition to 'on' to test for flow to the fuel rail?

Cheers,

Yes that is correct. I didn't have a pressure guage to test it

A+d+a+m

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Series II R8 Clubsport Build 295
has anyone thought that maybe it could be the ignition barrel? the key may still fit and turn the barrel but if it does not create a current through the barrel then the car will be at the stage were it is ready to start but he wont have any current running to the spark plugs. which it turn is what the immobilizer does when it is not properly deactivated.

HSV ute

5.0Ltr UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Ute
has anyone thought that maybe it could be the ignition barrel? the key may still fit and turn the barrel but if it does not create a current through the barrel then the car will be at the stage were it is ready to start but he wont have any current running to the spark plugs. which it turn is what the immobilizer does when it is not properly deactivated.

The fact that I have spark and it starts on Aerostart means it's not the barrel!

HSV ute

5.0Ltr UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Ute
OK. I have changed the fuel filter. still the same.....no go. I beleive it must be the computer. $50 from the wreckers so what the hell!

Thanks for all the replys and if the computer works I will let you all know.