Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 Thermo issues.

Adrian L.

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL Sedan
No I have not. I will have to go and buy a multi meter, I will do that on the weekend. I am not 100% clear on what you mean. Obviously the BCM turns the fan low on so there will be power coming out from the BCM when the fan is to switch on, Should I look for the Fan + wire coming from the BCM ? or is it a - wire. I have a schematic in the back of my manual I will have to have a read on exactly which one it is. what do I do just place one of the multimeters prongs into the - of the BCM where the - for the fan comes out and earth the other ? Just want to be sure I don't want to fry anything !!! that would really make my day ;)

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Fan comes on when coolant sensor is unplugged so it cant be the PCM.

Adrian L.

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL Sedan
Thanks, saves me buying another PCM. I will grab a multimeter on the weekend and try the - wire but doubt that's it. But have to try something. Is there anything else it could be

Adrian L.

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL Sedan
Ordered a Multi metre online, Should have it in a few days. Just going through the manual now for the wiring diagram.