Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V8 Berlina wont start, has fuel power on coil no power on leads,

r2e2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L ute
Hi

I have purchaced a VS 5L that was not going due to water getting in the dissy.
Replacement dissy was fitted when i bought the car but not timed so i timed motor fitted dissy caps leads started car it started but had weak spark and when i moved dissy it stoped and has not started since.
Iv checked to see if i had spark at the coil and i do but there is no spark at all at the leads. Have replaced ignition module and that made no dif. Map sencers hooked up fine, dissy caps on correct, had cap off to make sure its turning. If i dont get it going im going to have to wreck it out, anyone else had same problem?

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
Why was there water in the dizzy cap to start with ?

r2e2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L ute
I was not there, prev owner pressure washed engine bay and im gathering got water in the hall sencer at the bottom of the dissy.

Also checked efi relay and engine fuse all looks ok

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Have you checked for error codes ?

r2e2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L ute
Not as yet gotta remember what pins to connect, engine light is staying on

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
Bit of a silly question but have you tested the battery ? how old is it ? also if you have spark in the coil but not in the leads then maybe the dizzy cap or rotor arm are incorrect. Another thing might be to check the immobilizer and /or alarm/key are not the cause of your problem.

mazza~

Reaction score
Members Ride
N16 Pulsar, Toyota Lexcen VR 3.8L
maybe the leads are the problem.

r2e2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L ute
Used 2 very good batterys 1st one 2 years old 2nd 5 months old, replaced leads still zero spark. Im suspecting dissy next as it seems very funny to have power going in dissy turns so it should work (in thery) iv swapped dissy caps but that made no difference. Iv got another good compleate dissy im going to try but just gonna have to wait til weekend to get it (at rellos house) im wondering if the sencer at bottom of dissy has **** itself.(it was a brand new dissy)
Shall work out engine light code (what pins to hook up) and see what it says.
As for engine imob fuel pump going, ingnition module has power and motors turning i thought imob would cut it all out.
Thanks for tip :)

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
have you made sure the dizzy button is making correct contact with the under side of the cap? also make sure there is not corrosion anywhere. kinda obvious but noone has mentioned it yet