Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs v8 Rocker Covers

HQPremier

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 statesman 72 HQ premier
$150 will get them mate, just due to the fact that the paints a bit tired. They sell for $560 new at Outlaws.

Happy to direct message you some pictures etc if your interested.

I'm out Gawler way so happy to post them if more convenient for you (probs cost about $20)
gday, Im interested, Im not sure that I could find a direct message. My ph no is [Removed Number]. You mentioned an being fitted will that affect rocker covers? We could try direct message, where would I look to find a direct message?
Regards Eamon

Last edited by a moderator:

HQPremier

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll send you a private message mate.
thanks Im not sure how this works but Im only getting Your messages after I reply? eg; I replied @ 1;40pm and once posted I saw Your repl from !0;30am I dont like computers
Im not really tech savvy.
Sorry Eamon PS: is this a private msg?

HQPremier

Reaction score
Members Ride
sorry to mess around My ph number is [Removed Number]. can You send photos of rocker covers + an please
Regards Eamon

Last edited by a moderator:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 1.47.07 pm.png

Up the top of the forums there should be an envolope that takes you to your private messages.

It's not a good idea to put personal information up on a public forum so best to keep any personal details like phone numbers, names etc in a Private Message as these posts are open to the world

And yes, the AN fittings will affect how the rocker covers work, you won't be able to use the factory PCV hoses, you'll either need AN hose or put breathers on there or rig up an adapter to run the factory hoses.

You'll find most aftermarket rocker covers will use AN these days as it's the universal and most accepted fittings for automotive use.

Last edited:

HQPremier

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks, I wouldnt know if Im private messaging or old threading. I just want a set of usable rocker covers for a LB9 in a 95 Statesman..... Army Navy????

HQPremier

Reaction score
Members Ride
My heads have 6 bolt holes for rocker covers , looks different to those in photos

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
My heads have 6 bolt holes for rocker covers , looks different to those in photos
All EFI headed Holden V8's have the same bolt pattern.

AN (Army Navy) Fittings:
729.gif

Used to make braided lines
parttype_an-hose_small.jpg

Pretty much 80% of aftermarket parts you buy now will use AN fittings as it's the universal standard these days.

I think you can get those Kilkenny rocker covers from outlaws with the factory PCV elbows, the AN fittings have nothing to do with how the rocker covers fit to the engine, it's only for the PCV system.

however they are out of stock at the moment

Last edited:

HQPremier

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey sorry man this is not My space, I dont know where photos have gone. Are rockers of a fuel injected 5.0?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The rocker covers in your picture don't have the cut-out/Indent needed to clear the EFI Commodore power brake unit.