Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v8 ticking noise... + more... help

braundog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Holden ute
hi guys , as title says i have a ticking noise coming from top of my motor
a bit unsure what it could be? ive put a screwdriver on the vally inlet , rocker covers , and to me it sounds like injectrors , ive had them cleaned and still the same.. injectors have a slight scratch[ rrr] noise if i only move peddal a little bit.:hmmm:

2. also every now and then car will feel like its starving for petrol, splutters ,only for a second ,ill put my foot down and it fixes it for then.. have changed fuel filter, and the bloke that cleand injectors checkt the fuel and was fine ie. no dirt or stuff in it.?

3. white gunk stuff in my radiator , only a little bit. is that my vally inlet gasget ?

cheers for your input>

Last edited:

jesse_lankey

what to put here?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
it sounds like your fuel pump is on the way out, mine used to splutter n sometimes stall when the pump was almost stuffed, if your vally inlet has gone your oil should be white n gunky, also the tapping could be lifters, how many kms has it done?

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
white gunk in your radiator would suggest a blown head gasket mate. Not a cheap fix.

braundog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Holden ute
she has done 233,000 ks, got no white gunk in my oil just in the radiator, spewn if its a head gasket, the tapping seems to be comin from injectors? or under injectors...
and yeah the fuel pump is original i think so that is possibly the problem there.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Does the ticking noise go away when you rev it? And more of a ticking noise when its cold? If so firstly check the oil levels, and obviously make sure it isn't milky, but by the sounds of it one of your lifters i sticking. I have this on my ute too.

braundog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Holden ute
no the ticking stays there high revs and on idle {can hear quite loud when idling} and no milky gunk in the oil only in the radiator..