Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS - VT ECUs

vshilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 surf
your right the VT ecu dosnt work on the VS it sparked but wont run.
im going to look into converting the wiring over to VX as its in a Hilux surf its not realy a prob for me i want as much power as i can get from this motor as well as beter fuel ecomomy...

oh an by the way were mite i find the temp sensor on the VT??

Burningrubber92

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP SII 3.8L V6
The VT/VX ECU does run a VS I myself have done it and my car runs an lpg setup and mind you it's a Petrol ecu also

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
The VT/VX ECU does run a VS I myself have done it and my car runs an lpg setup and mind you it's a Petrol ecu also
Simple answer, no it doesn’t without reinventing the wheel. Anything can be done with enough time/money, but a vt pcm isn’t a direct replacement for a vs pcm.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I didn’t call you anything, I’m just clarifying for future readers of this thread.

And the VS runs a pcm.
I wonder if he is refering to a dfi? Or a memcal?
He seems pretty adamant though?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
PCM = Power Control Module, but most people call every engine computer an ECU as it's just a generic term for engine management.

Holden called this component on the VS a PCM as it ran just the engine and trans which is "power control" and the body features were run by a BCM = Body Control Module, a seperate module situated just under the instrument cluster area on the RH side of the steering column.