Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs wont change gears need help

htmunro350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP commodore,ht monaro
when i flog it through the gears seems to run fine but flogin it seems wrong because it goes like hell any way and floggin it at hi revs is not good

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
when i flog it through the gears seems to run fine but flogin it seems wrong because it goes like hell any way and floggin it at hi revs is not good

Just a small question for you, does the motor stop when you disconnect the battery terminal?
Also check the fliud level on the transmission. this needs to be done while the motor is runing and when warmed up.....

BerlinaBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR Berlina - Stock standard
You should just need to pull the main engine fuse in the engine and wait a minute before replacing it to reset the computer.

Driving the car after will allow the computer to pickup the faults it can so you can read them later. 'Calibrating the computer' sounds irrelevant unless you want to know your fueld consumption - although I'm not expert on that.

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
Its sounds like a charge problem or a drain i would go over evry inch of the alt system chech the charge rate in volts and apms . A tps fault wold laso give you this problem also dose your speedo work? If not it could also be your speedo sensor on the back of the box!

htmunro350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP commodore,ht monaro
trans fluid is fine and when i take the battery leeds off car still runs

htmunro350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP commodore,ht monaro
i took the car for a drive for about70-80 ks gear changes are better but not a 100% and idle is still high

any idears guys as im starting to get realy p* ssed off with this and not fault lights coming up on the dash
PLEASE HELP IT MUST BE A SIMPLE PROBLEM

CHEERS SHAUN