Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt 195i cubsport mods?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
1.you might have to wait for the turbo to arrive to check sizing before buying
2.do you have stock exhaust manifolds still?

If no, you could bolt the turbo where the rear muffler sits and have a rear mount turbo set up and keep most of the heat out of the engine bay

3.you'll need oil hose preferably the high pressure variety and this:
EARLS BILLET OIL FILTER SANDWICH ADAPTER PLATE 308 LS1 | eBay

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
manifolds are sorted, it has a v band flange and has an oil return line, ive been told i can just weld this to the sump?? or is it best to use the above mentioned item???

and what is the plate for??? with plate do i still need to weld into the sump?? or do i not need to use the sump?? id prefer not touching the sump if possible..

also guys. i have injectors, manifolds, turbo, oil feed line, oil return line, coolant line, 38mm tial wastegate and all gaskets etc.. also will be getting the dump pipe made soon, aswell as tune and fuel pump.. is there anything else ill need??

Last edited:

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
Intake piping/Inter cooler?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
my mate used the sandwich plate for his oil lines for his turbo no sump modifications

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
Really??? That's what I'll be getting then lol thanks dude :) Any idea how it works exactly??

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
dont worry worked it out, quite simple lol.

another few things guys.

i will be using a wastegate (obviuously) i currently have 2 38mm tial wastegates, will 38mm be enough for a t04z turbo on a 5 litre??? or will i need a 48mm????

also is it better to run from the wastegate to the exhaust (as normal) or put a screamer pipe on it??? what are issues with screamer pipes?? besides being illegal.. do they cause any damage???

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
anyone know if my waste gate will be big enough?????? i have 2 38mm tial wastegates, can i use 1 of those? or get a 50mm 0r 60mm?? lol i only want to run like 10 psi...

also, is car "drivable" before a tune and 2 bar map sensor?? (just need to get it from home to mechanics to tune etc) obviously wont be thrashing it or anything.... just drive nice and easy but was curious if anyone knows???

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
all worked out guys. now pretty much an expert on turbo's wastegates and stuff.....lol if anyone needs any help on them pm me. thanks for everyone who did help along the way ;)

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
You could get the heads ported and polished and a stage 2 cam put in the same time ? Also as mentioned above, diff gears !!
when u mention a stg 2 cam! what is that referenced to? such as grind specs, hydraulic or solid