Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT 304 heat??

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
FC HOLDEN with 5LT V8 (VT)
yes injector pulse
never had a problem with original cluster missing

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
What is the battery voltage like? If it drops below 11.8 (I think) then you will lose ECU power. Nothing will get signal, but bridging plugs will still have power.

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
its always on the trickle charge and full.... It turns over so I know it get signal. She's up on blocks at the moment.
The Tech2 started receiving data from the car as well which is a good thing.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You may have a wiring issue - a dodgy connection or loose earth. Go over everything.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Or damaged wiring from sitting stationary with the engine running and almost no air been forced through the bay for cooling.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Mine doesn't seem to have any trouble running at 10v (I didn't try it on purpose) so I doubt it'll be a supply voltage problem. If it still has spark and injector pulse, just buy a tachiometric relay from a gas place.

They supply voltage to the fuel pump under two conditions; where the relay is energised by the starter solenoid power, and when it has an rpm signal from the negative side of the coil. The good ones have a prime function where it'll energise for a couple of seconds when the ignition's switched on too.

If you can find the fuel pump relay off an efi vk or old camira they work really well. I've got a vk one in my HJ.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Nah gas relay is better got lights 'n' stuff to show what's working & easier to replace than finding vk tachiometric relay.

I found could 'just' start vs s3 set up on torrie with flattish battery yet 11 volts is absolute limit on my vh sle..it'll wind over ok even power holley black yet weirdly not enough through ignition switch to power hei even after tried relay on it...55 amp alternator suck arse

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yeah gas relays easy to find and the cheapest, most viable option.

Since I've converted mine to sequential injection, it's not very often it'll start without a quick stab of the accelerator when cranking. I have a feeling it may be the dizzy, but not entirely sure.

Runs really well with plenty of poke so I've never worried about it too much and I drive it 500+km a week. Not sure whether it could be somehow related to the fuel pump dramas you guys have had

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
changed all the relays already. Even over rided it with a wire and ran it full time and no dice.