Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Air con issue

VT_II_Calais

Car Whore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S-Pack Supercharged V6
Hey all

After just getting a new compressor and a regas, my a/c is nice and cold - which is great considering it's 38 degrees today!

Only problem is, when I set it to face and I accelarate reasonably quick, it changes to windscreen. Then about 5 seconds later it changes back to face again.

Anyone have any idea why it's doing this and how would I fix it?!!

Cheers

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Vacume leak,not sure where but it is a common problem so someone on here will help.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
has the vacum tank been bypassed ??? is the oneway valve stuck .

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
You need a new vacuum motor on the side of the evaporator. One of the diaphragms in the mode select motor has split internally. Ask a holden spare parts dept as they would have sold heaps and will usually know which one you mean just by the description. A fairly common problem.

VT_II_Calais

Car Whore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S-Pack Supercharged V6
You need a new vacuum motor on the side of the evaporator. One of the diaphragms in the mode select motor has split internally. Ask a holden spare parts dept as they would have sold heaps and will usually know which one you mean just by the description. A fairly common problem.

Thanks mate, I'll get on to holdens.