Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT axle shafts - CV's ? Vibration

Maddog0077

First Time holden Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Excec series II
I've had a wirring sound in my VT s2, since Ive had it, so i put it up on the hoist for a mechanic to look at it, while i run it up to 60km, which is when its most noticeable, while in the car up high i could actually feel the whole car being wobbled. the mechanic underneath said it didn't seem like the hub area, but more the outer cv area on the axle.:my:
so im wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the axle shafts etc, id imagine there easy to remove. but havent tried yet, got told to try a wrecker for a second hand one, by the parts guy at Holden, cos there real expensive from them. :eek:

so does anyone know what a good price from a wrecker is ? & is this a common fail point on IRS commodores ? looks like the drivers side one has been replaced once before, but the problem one looks original.

Maddog0077

First Time holden Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Excec series II
the silence suggest's this isnt all that common, I couldnt find anything in the archives either.

235rwkw

Reaction score
I've had a wirring sound in my VT s2, since Ive had it, so i put it up on the hoist for a mechanic to look at it, while i run it up to 60km, which is when its most noticeable, while in the car up high i could actually feel the whole car being wobbled. the mechanic underneath said it didn't seem like the hub area, but more the outer cv area on the axle.:my:
so im wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the axle shafts etc, id imagine there easy to remove. but havent tried yet, got told to try a wrecker for a second hand one, by the parts guy at Holden, cos there real expensive from them. :eek:

so does anyone know what a good price from a wrecker is ? & is this a common fail point on IRS commodores ? looks like the drivers side one has been replaced once before, but the problem one looks original.

$180 each exchange from pedders