Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt booster m/c in Vr V8 with ABS

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Im one of those people. The VE upgrade left my pedal with a spongy feel. Took the car to race brakes to check it over as I installed it and they couldnt find a problem so ive put it down to the MC/booster (currently a V8 VN 1" item) so ill see how it is with the VT one (well VY :p)

After doing the first VN it was a no brainer to do the other 2. You can still upgrade the rotor/caliper/pad combo to anything (gotta be better than stock) and get much better over all performace from it. You can call it maths or physics but the car feels like it stops much better with this minor VT M/C Booster upgrade.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
After doing the first VN it was a no brainer to do the other 2. You can still upgrade the rotor/caliper/pad combo to anything (gotta be better than stock) and get much better over all performace from it. You can call it maths or physics but the car feels like it stops much better with this minor VT M/C Booster upgrade.

+1 for that. The VT booster though on paper isnt much more powerful, it definatly works alot harder then the stock booster. Like you say, Its a no brainer for me too.

So Micha, ill have to check out ur pedal feel (prob at the track will be the next time), Would like to have a feel of the VE brakes:)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Ok, yes 7yr dig. But i know most of you are still around.
Anyone have diagrams of the adapter bracket dimensions? I just bought a vz master/booster combo.
None of the earlier photos are working (i remember reading similar years ago, and roughly the look. It's just easier to start with another persons dimensions)

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I must admit I also have a keen interest in seeing all this lost info being brought back so some of us VR~VS enthusiasts can apply this to our vehicles. Sadly most VS's are being rapidly culled off our roads now, but the upside to this is that it's mostly good ones left with all the bogan heaps of s%#t long gone and being reincarnated as new Hyundai's and Kia's.

I'll have to say that I've been keenly visiting U-Pull-it and picking up many rarer and good bits and pieces to keep long term as it won't be long and the VS will be just like the VL in the wrecking yards............................long gone and very high parts prices to be encountered.

It wasn't that long ago I recall seeing rows and rows of VL's at U-Pull-it's 3 yards but now it's rapidly changed to VT / VX and on to VY / VZ

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
This was from markovr a few years back. I resized the image so it was the same size as the image when printed out. I just used some 3mm plate to go behind it. The master cylinder is straight up and down when done at this angle. You also need to tap in the sides of the original booster a few mm where a couple of the new bolts go for clearance. You'll see what I mean when you do it.

7qSYaxg.jpg

Before you start anything though, make sure you take a measurement for the centrepoint of the hole in the brake rod where the pin goes through the pedal. Use this measurement to drill your new hole in the VT rod so that pedal height remains the same as before.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
markvr is the man who modifies boosters on here the vz m/c is different where it joins the booster to the vt/y look at the pics on ebay and compare and fitting a vs reservoir to get the angle
i have a modify vy booster-m/c on my ute i fitted nearly 6 months ago

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
You can use a vs reservoir, but that involves drilling holes etc etc. The AU falcon reservoir is directly compatible and gives the correct angle too - much easier :)

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
my ute has no abs i need 3 brake lines screwed into the m/c the vz has only only has 2 brake lines screwed into the m/c and the plug that warns you about low fluid is different too