Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Boot lid holds water

meggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hi
When it rains and I go to open the boot of the VT water pours out of the the boot lid when I lift it right up and goes straight onto the inside mat of the boot, it never used to so i am assuming that its not draining or going where it should go. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to fix the problem it must be something simple.
Cheers
Megs

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
mine did the same down the bottom of the boot lid is that plastic thing i drilled some holes in it now it never fills up or gets the inside wet

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
their is a rubber seal that runs along the top of the garnish if thats not sealing it will leak aswell the 2 square seals that run on each side of the garnish make sure they are there if not you need to seal it with new ones or silicone.

daveee90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S
hey my boot gets water in it aswell..

i been told the seals are fine and its something to do with the spoiler, been told to just silicon it up lol.

joeyandhisVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina series2
well mine ****ing does that it shits me to high heaven i don't have a spoiler though,...
what the fudge do i do to fix it??

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
yeah my vx used to do it its the seal on top of the garnish it goes hard in some spots

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
i have a spoiler, and i don't even have the top seal on the garnish, mine doesn't leak a drop :D, guess im just lucky, or its getting into somewhere real bad that i just can't see and one day will end badly

PORT3R

WTB: 1 money tree
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L VQ stato
According to my dad (whome designed the VT) this is just a design flaw, there is nothing you can really do to stop it :cry:

trevenar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
hey guys, got exactly the same problem. spare wheel well is full of water and it pi@ses me off everytime i open the boot lid, water pours out every where. What success have you had with drilling holes in the bottom plastic trim? or seal on top of red garnish?