Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais 5L wont start

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
Cheers mate, i have just moved house so i have about $30 to my name for the next couple of days hahahahaha, hopefully its something good and simple, it was running beautifully last night, i did like a 1.5hr round trip to my nans place to say hello and it never skipped a beat so id say its just one of those things.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Just wondering.......Try reseting the ECU/PCM
1) Remove the battery leads for a minute or so.
2) Reconnect them.
3) Then switch the ignition to the "ON" position....leave on for 1 minute.
4) Switch off.
5) Leave for 1 more minute and then start the car.

See how you go. Can't hurt.

I have to do this procedure if my battery has been disconnected, or my car either wont start, or runs really rough.

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
I did have the battery disconnected for a couple of minutes before when i cleaned up the terminals but i didnt drain the residual current in the system by turning the key to 'ON' so i will go try that now and report back.

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
Alright, i just went and started it again and it started first go and just like before i let it idle then turned the lights and the climate control on and the engine light came on for a few seconds then went out so i let it warm up a bit and then shut it off, then before starting it again i tried the fault codes again and it came up with a 31 (theft deterant signal missing) and 92 (low speed fan fault), after that i tried starting it again and it started no worries at all so i turned it off waited a moment and tried again and it was all good again, revved fine, no engine light or anything, then i turned it off and pulled the leads off the battery and turned the ignition to 'ON' aswell as swithed the lights on aswell, left it a moment then turned it all off and left it for another moment then hooked it all back up, checked the codes had cleared and it was only showing 12 again, then i started it up and ran it for a moment, again turning the lights and the climate control on and had the radio on, revved it up a bit and went forwards and backwards on my driveway a bit then parked it and idled it again and the engine light didnt show up at all, i then switched it off and let it sit for a sec then started it again and still no engine light, checked the codes again and its only showing 12, so im wondering if maybe theres a relay or something that might be trippin the anti theft and stopping me from starting the car maybe?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
There could be. It would probably be in the BCM though.
Try resetting the bcm.
Pull the BCM fuse under the dash and wait untill it beeps at you, the relace the fuse.

The procedure I described above, (#12) makes the PCM/ECU relearn the parameters of the system.

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
Alright mate, ill try that in the morning and let ya know what happens, cheers

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
Well i started it up this morning and went for a couple of laps around the block and it didnt have an issue at all, when i got back i pulled the fuse out for the BCM and waited and waited but it never beeped so i put it back in and started it again and it started and ran perfectly again, so im a little lost with it

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Number 14 fuse under the steering wheel?
Did you do it with the ignition on? Sorry forgot to mention that.
It should beep with in around 20 seconds of pulling the fuse out.

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
Yeah i thought that might of been why it didnt do it hahaha, ill try it again.

vscalais951

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute V6 Auto
Ok, i have reset the BCM and then took it for another run around the block and its still running perfectly, im starting to think maybe its just had a little bit of a trip out and its soughted itself out cause it starts and runs perfectly today