Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais "Trac Off" Light coming on

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Very old thread etc but I have had this problem for a while and now it's FIXED. Light was intermittently coming on, and switch off/on usually fixed it.
Just before Christmas (2022!) it came on solid as I was driving. It wouldn't go off despite whatever I did. I ran a scan over the modules, but it wouldn't talk to the ABS/Trac module at all. Nor would it communicate with the dash. According to Injectronics, the ABS module will fault and hang up the canbus that goes to the ABS, the Climate control (if fitted), and the dash. I disconnected the ABS and comms was restored to the dash. Great!
Still doesn't help the TRAC OFF fault though. I was playing with the scan tool and "talking " to the dash and making various functions work and I ran a brake light test. They wouldn't come on... So I pressed the brake pedal. Just the LED in the spoiler came on. "Dont tell me I've screwed up the brake lights!" I thought... So I pulled out a bulb. Yep. Blown... Couldn't be BOTH brake lights blown? Checked the other - looked ok, so I tested it with a spare battery. It worked -sometimes... The contact solder was corroded. So, new bulb for the blown one, and a cleanup of the other. Both brake lights OK.
And the TRAC OFF light is now working perfectly...

Reactions: Lex