Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt commodore body kit/lip kit

Dismissedtub

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Calais v6
Hi I’m currently looking for a Vt ss front bumper, rear bumper and side skirts is there a reliable website to purchase these from

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi I’m currently looking for a Vt ss front bumper, rear bumper and side skirts is there a reliable website to purchase these from
I thought maybe you'd like to check out my vt wagon. It has kind of a vx ss front bumper with wh caprice bonnet grill, vy ss side skirts. Standard vt rear bar with a fibreglass vx ss lip. :cool:

IMG20220402094513.jpg
IMG20220402094424.jpg

Dismissedtub

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Calais v6
I thought maybe you'd like to check out my vt wagon. It has kind of a vx ss front bumper with wh caprice bonnet grill, vy ss side skirts. Standard vt rear bar with a fibreglass vx ss lip. :cool:

View attachment 236299View attachment 236300
With mine I don’t really like the grey colour on the bottoms of the bumpers and side skirts would I be able to put a vt ss lip kit on and would it cover the grey colour? Also beauty of a car

Attachments

• 5CB4D998-DEB1-4A86-9E32-DC7303C81A38.jpeg
    5CB4D998-DEB1-4A86-9E32-DC7303C81A38.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 127

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
With mine I don’t really like the grey colour on the bottoms of the bumpers and side skirts would I be able to put a vt ss lip kit on and would it cover the grey colour? Also beauty of a car
I painted the parts myself.
You can do the painting yourself or pay somebody to do it.

The body kits are not cheap.
Here is a link to where l got rear bumper lip. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3024614271189514/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:320a998a-cf32-4e6a-9e37-da46372cd857

Keep us informed whatever path you take please. Always interested in what other people do.

Dismissedtub

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Calais v6
I painted the parts myself.
You can do the painting yourself or pay somebody to do it.

The body kits are not cheap.
Here is a link to where l got rear bumper lip. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3024614271189514/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:320a998a-cf32-4e6a-9e37-da46372cd857

Keep us informed whatever path you take please. Always interested in what other people do.
Just a quick question since you have done a lip type of kit if I were to buy this lip kit https://gyazo.com/34305f90ec73c4fb1a2dd240b65b1d03 Would it go over the greyish part of the bumper and if so how would it go about doing this
Thanks for any help you or anyone else would about this

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a quick question since you have done a lip type of kit if I were to buy this lip kit https://gyazo.com/34305f90ec73c4fb1a2dd240b65b1d03 Would it go over the greyish part of the bumper and if so how would it go about doing this
Thanks for any help you or anyone else would about this
With mine l was supposed to just sikaflex it black (glue) on. But l fibreglassed 5 bolts (should have done 7) through perforated metal to the lip then drilled holes through the lower bumper & bolted it on.
Like l said in the previous post, you can paint it, or the hole bumper, any colour you like. :)

Dismissedtub

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Calais v6
With mine l was supposed to just sikaflex it black (glue) on. But l fibreglassed 5 bolts (should have done 7) through perforated metal to the lip then drilled holes through the lower bumper & bolted it on.
Like l said in the previous post, you can paint it, or the hole bumper, any colour you like. :)
Thanks I appreciate might but the ss lip kit for the front and everything else and try and paint it all white

Reactions: Lex

Dismissedtub

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Calais v6
so I finally found a front ss lip kit for cheap. so I as matching it up to see what it would look like and how I would install it once it's repainted. but by looking at it I would assume I would get a Dremel tool and cut holes where the tabs would be and slide the tabs through and then re-put the screws and thing back on. that's what I think would this be a good option?

EDIT: I would be cutting the holes in the little dent part where the grey meets the white

Attachments

• bumper 2.jpg
    bumper 2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 106
  • bumper 3.jpg
    bumper 3.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 109
  • bumper lip 1.jpg
    bumper lip 1.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 98

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
so I finally found a front ss lip kit for cheap. so I as matching it up to see what it would look like and how I would install it once it's repainted. but by looking at it I would assume I would get a Dremel tool and cut holes where the tabs would be and slide the tabs through and then re-put the screws and thing back on. that's what I think would this be a good option?

EDIT: I would be cutting the holes in the little dent part where the grey meets the white
Sorry. I don't know?

Good luck with it.:)

Keep us in the loop please. Like to see how other peoples builds go.

Dismissedtub

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Calais v6
Sorry. I don't know?

Good luck with it.:)

Keep us in the loop please. Like to see how other peoples builds go.
all good. but will do once i figure out what to do currently just sanding back down to the black ready to then be primered

Reactions: Lex