Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt commodore key programmer

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
the supercheap programmer requires the immobilizer to be deactivated so requires a functioning remote

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
It must have happened before in Lebanon.
How did they solve it?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
thanks but supersheapauto dont ship to liban

Does the guy even know which country he is in?

OK, looked it up..

Liban is the French equivalent for Lebanon, especially in references dating to the French colonial rule of the country. It is also commonly used in official Lebanese publications and on ...

So in that case, your embassy in Australia is very willing to help you out, by re-shipping a supercheap gizmo to you. Just contact them. Stop wasting time.

Last edited:

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
the supercheap programmer requires the immobilizer to be deactivated so requires a functioning remote
I read a review on the Supercheap website. it didn't mention anything about your comment. see below.
CUSTOMER: purchased a 3 Button Remote VS-VZ Holden commodore complete key with the electronic chip inside it for $64.99 and a Map Key Programming Tool KF200 for $64.99. I used my old key in the new key head,or you can take new one supplied to a locksmith to cut for approx $55 or to a key cutter who can cut a double sided key.I then put it in the ignition, turned it on to the full on position (not start) I then connected the Map Key programming tool to the connection under the drivers side dash. The map programming tool lights up yellow then Red when the Green light lights up the key has been programmed. You then pull out the Map Programming unit from under the drivers side bottom of dash and then turn key off and remove. You will then find that the car will start now by inserting the ignition key and the car can be unlocked and locked by the remote buttons on the key head. This is so simple to do it only takes less than 3 minutes. Be careful when inserting the key into the new key head as the little metal item that sits in the key slot head of the key could be squashed make sure you guide the key in gently parallel with the key. Works Perfectly!! NOTE - You can only program 3 times with the Map programing tool

PS: if this guy sorts ot out or doesn't sort it out *yawn*

Last edited:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
you need a working remote to disable the anti theft before you can use the supercheap tool
they leave that part out of the video
i emailed the company to confirm
here is the response
Enquiry: with the commodore programming module KF200 do you need to disable the antitheft first. ie use a working remote to "unlock" first or is just turning ignition to on with mode light still flashing enough
Hello Andrew ,

Yes You are correct , The KF200 requires the BCM to be in the UNLOCKED state to be able to code the new key , if the BCM is LOCKED , the KF200 will not link.

If that is the case only a good scan tool will link the new key fob .

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
I always thought there must be something fishy with the map keys otherwise everyone could steal them easy lol.
Ive offered him a security free memcal and tracked down the foreign Lebanon tune for vt that he's currently running and with help located the security byte in the tune as it isn't like any local tunes but then he stopped messaging I've given up lol

ahmed brayhi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 6.0L
I always thought there must be something fishy with the map keys otherwise everyone could steal them easy lol.
Ive offered him a security free memcal and tracked down the foreign Lebanon tune for vt that he's currently running and with help located the security byte in the tune as it isn't like any local tunes but then he stopped messaging I've given up lol

believe me i did not ignore ur messages about the ecu
but currently i leave it for last chance cause i dont want to lose security and central lock
yesterday i went to south lebanon to one there has a used GM parts
i found a used key with ignition key
i dont need the ignition but i have to take it together
i bought it about 20 dolar i contact a programmer man he try to program the remote key but was impossible he ask to buy a new remote key not used one
already i ordered 3 week ago i think it need arround 10 days more to delivered to me he promised me that he can program it he will take a 100 us dolars so that why i am sking about the machine which may program a new key

Roberto Tognollo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VY 3.8V6 2004 Cinza Turbina
Caros amigos , tenho um Commodore vy 2004 ( aqui no Brasil , Chevrolet Omega ) ... estou tendo dificuldades para programar nova chave que me foi trazida ai da Austrália , gostaria de saber de vocês como faço para adquirir esta ferramenta em seu pais ou outra forma para programar nova chave ..... já possuo uma chave funcional ............desde já , agradeço à todos