Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Commodores

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Every car is going to have good and bad points mate, there will be people on here that say a certain commodore are **** just becuase they have had some bad luck , then others will swear by there old girl. It depends on your budget aswell, VT's arnt expensive these days you could pick up one from 4000 some even cheaper. Just be careful and get someone to check over the car and test drive if you arent very mechanicly minded.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
The VS S2 is a great car, we had one for years, i think the only thing that went wrong was the Heat dial broke, but that was because we where in some cold weather i think lol. I would skip the VT and go for a VX, as mentioned is was really a S3 VT lol, alot of problems were sorted. there is alot more known faults with the VTs, the only fault i had with the VX is the AC pully with the bearings, but that was $21 for a new one :) But like all cars, they will all have issues with something.

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
Every car is going to have good and bad points mate, there will be people on here that say a certain commodore are **** just becuase they have had some bad luck , then others will swear by there old girl. It depends on your budget aswell, VT's arnt expensive these days you could pick up one from 4000 some even cheaper. Just be careful and get someone to check over the car and test drive if you arent very mechanicly minded.

Great advice, thanks HICLAS. I am mechanically minded though, I worked in a mechanical workshop as a lube technician on coaches for 21 years until the company went belly up through bad management decisions and practices. I did service the car fleet but it was only a small part of the operation. I know more about heavy vehicles (trucks and coaches) than cars unfortunately.

Thanks to all who contributed here, your help is truly appreciated! When I eventually get the newby (most likely a VS2) I will post up some pics

Cheers

Rossbx :thumbsup: