Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt commy leaking water front lower left

Mxlife450

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vt wagon
I have a 2000 vt wagon it has been overheatingg lately and last night it started leaking heavilly from the front lower drivers side of the engine it doesnt seem to be a pipe or hose there is a bolt near where its leaking but hard to tell exactly where its coming from i took a video but dont think i can post it on here. I usually work in my cars myself but with a cast on my hand its a bit hard to do anything. Any help diagnosing this problem would be much appreciated cheers

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
leaking form engine or coolant recovery bottle?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I have a 2000 vt wagon it has been overheatingg lately and last night it started leaking heavilly from the front lower drivers side of the engine it doesnt seem to be a pipe or hose there is a bolt near where its leaking but hard to tell exactly where its coming from i took a video but dont think i can post it on here. I usually work in my cars myself but with a cast on my hand its a bit hard to do anything. Any help diagnosing this problem would be much appreciated cheers
Put your video on youtube and link it here.
Check the heater hoses, where they go into the engine.

leaking form engine or coolant recovery bottle?
The OP said lower drivers side.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
title of post is leaking from lower left
wanted to clarify
In stating 'driver's side' and 'left' in the OP's post.
Maybe he/she means left, looking at the car from the front.

lucky27

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vt berlina v6 sedan auto 1998
I had a similar problem replaced heater switch and two hoses to the block

z900collector

Reaction score
Members Ride
99VT 99VSUTE
Check the vacuum operated heater assembly on the left side of the engine back, its plastic so it may have cracked, could also be hoses.
Does water come into the cabin at all?
If its the plastic unit in the engine bay then Super cheap sell them for the VT sedan from memory, but you need to check if its the same.

Sid