Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt cruise control problem

stix36

Reaction score
Members Ride
vg ute
hi there ive got a vt wagon the problem iam having is the cruise control cutting out and wont work for about 10 minutes and then you can turn it back on and works fine for about 10 minutes and drops out again any ideas.

thanks stix.

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
It could be any number of things causing you problems. The cruise stalk could have a broken wire in it or the they have been known to have problems with the switch on the brake pedal that cause it. Even faulty or shorting brake light bulbs can make the cruise cut out or not engage at all. Use the search bar at the top of the page and you will find that hundreds of people have had similar problems. Have a read through some of them and see if any are similar to yours.

Last edited:

2O4TS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1
Had a similar problem with mine (VT) some time ago. Replaced indicator/cruise stalk, problem solved. Can't guarantee that's the problem with yours but it's the same symptoms as mine.

I have a few 'spares' these days. New aftermarket are like $20.00 delivered on Ebay.