Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Engine Mounts

Branch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Okay so wheres the best place to buy a new pair of these lads?

i can't find anything better than that Repco price, hopefully they still sell them there.

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
i replaced my mounts 6 months ago however it was about 6 months to late as the sump had been rubbing thorugh on the k-frame. there is now a 5mm deep scrape in my sump so if u have bad mounts replace them asap.! ...does anyone know if you need to rreplace the sump with a chunk outa it for a RWC?

lpme126

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Berlina Wagon
Don't forget that the factory V6 engine mounts are hydraulic. They are filled with a damping oil and after 200,000 k's or so the rubber cracks and lets out the oil. This oil filled factory mount is very effective at damping the V6 vibrations, particularly at idle. But yes, they are about $130 each. Your cheaper aftermarket mounts are solid rubber and whilst certainly are better than a collapsed mount, they are not as good as a factory mount. The factory mounts will typically give a creamy smooth idle with basically no vibration detected inside the car. Whereas the solid rubber one's you still get a little vibration coming through to the body. It's up to each of you which way you go, just make an informed decision not soldey based of price.
Cheers
lpme126

boReys

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67
Got quoted 150 Labour, And i get the parts trade 114 for 2 engine mounts and transmission mount... FTW

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Two years on, and my el-cheapo 6mm steel packer slipped in between mount and chassis are still working great!!

Tightwad Pablo!!LOL

aussie_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT wagon
engine mounts

gday all,
there was a thread back in 2006 about a bloke having trouble with the vibration through the car whilst in idle, im now having the same problem, this would be the engine mount as advised by my mechanic, my mechanic quoted me 350 to relace, but go to repco if anyone has one near them, im at dean park so the nearest store is minchabury or windsor, the one at mincho told me $67 for front and $47 for back.. but i was thinking dont VT 97 models have them on the sides?? any help there would be great,.. but any way i will be getting these replaced by my father inlaw as he knows his ****, and the hole vibration noise should stop,

cheers,
J.T

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Yes there's one on both sides of the motor, You need to change them sooner then later because the cross member will wear through the sump.

Its an asshole of a job. The drivers side one is the worst one too do, start that one first.

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
my engine mounts broke on my vt once. it was so bad that because of the broken mount, the engine moved and pulled on the ignition leads and broke one (the ignition leads were old at the time). but when you get it redone, make sure the mechanics dont let the gas out of your aircon, they did it to mine