Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt exhaust upgrade!

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Im looking at upgrading my VT series 2 executives stock exhaust system to either a Redback 2.5" or Lukey 2.5" I have read a few threads talking about VT exhausts and it sounds like having the one muffler and catback with a straight through 2.5" pole running straight through is the best way to go.

REDBACK 2.5" CAT BACK EXHAUST VT VX VY V6 COMMODORE | eBay

Lukey 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust Commodore VT VX VY V6 I.R.S | eBay

those are the 2 systems im looking at, can anyone tell me which one is better and why?
Also, how do i know if my car is "IRS"? and will a single 2.5" tip or a duel tip sound better?

Any input would be great, Thanks!

Paulid92

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VU SS Series 2 5.7 6sp manual
Well i also own a vs v6 manual, i put a lukey catback on it and it sounds good. Look under the back of the car, if there is two driveshafts coming from the diff with rubber boots on them that look like cv joints, it has irs. The lukey comes with only one muffler and a straight through pipe.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Personally I think the Lukey is too quiet and the Redback is too raspy. But everyones tastes are different.

I do the Manta cat back for $255 shipped that sounds nice and deep and not crackly or raspy.

Paulid92

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VU SS Series 2 5.7 6sp manual
Yeah, a manta would be better. But i bought a v8 instead.

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Thanks for all the input guys, im leaning more towards the redback. I've seen your video MattaY s2 and it sounds pretty sweet, that's the kinda sound I want mine to have!
Cheers