Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt faster than vr??? (i dont think so )

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
GenIII arnt that quick off the line, you would stick with it easy to 60, untill it clicks 2nd then it will pull, thats from a stock vn and a Vx ss both auto.

How did you figure it was .7 of a second?

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
i was in my step dads VT today he's got rocker rollers, CAI and 70mm throttle body and i slaughtered a VX SS off the mark he only got in front of me by .7 of a second. this was on a closed road and it was meant to be a drag

ive been in both in stock form and i dont believe this at all. The vt v6 is just about the worlds slowest car and pulls 0-100 in like 9 seconds stock whereas a vx ss does it in under 6.5 seconds. Howe did u work out .7 of a second?

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT, Mazda 3 SP23, Hyundai Getz 1.4ltr
i know its a dodgy way of figurin it out but we had 2 guys at the satrt line we had 2 guys at the finish and we both had stopwatches in our cars with us. we got 6 different times ranging from 15.6 to 16.5 for the V6 and 14.2 to 15.1 for the SS and somehow they found an average of .7 seconds i dunno how i figure i was 1.4 seconds slower

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
There's no way a V6 or near stock 5 litre or stock LS1 will vary more than .2 (and that's a stretch) over any 1/4 mile run so don't think your timing was very accurate :p. The VX SS will run about 14.5 the V6 would have been a high 15. There's no secret about that times these cars do and since they are both fairly modern (not worn out or have buggered sensors like the early cars might) they don't vary much.

I will however add that a VT V6 and especailly a VX V6 are both capable of going 8.0 to 100 the old road tests quoted are a bit slower than real life, I think those must have been wheels magazine tests with two big fat guys a heaps of crap in the car and a full tank (like they do)

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea well like i said not very accurate thats why we made 6 different times and worked the average so i basically put it down to one of the V8's being 14.2 and one of the V6's being 15.6 so my V6 was 1.4 seconds slower

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
1.4 seconds is equal to about 5 grand worth of parts :p

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea i no lol. but im lookin into gettin 2 GTechs so i can crank one in mine n have the otherin watever im up against n get al the info :D

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
the other night i beat a vt calai supercharged in my vs ute and on the way to work the other morning i went a vs or vr clubsport, not to sure which one it was and had that by a car length to

Last edited:

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
QUOTE=greenfoam;1028173]192 rwkw, you must live on a planet that has nitrous oxide for air[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That comment, my friend has made my day!!! Legend.

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
gots me a new 98 VT today already has a odgy CAI and roller rocker (cam lifters) whatever the hell ya's cal em. i understand now why you think their so slow off the mark but still runnin high 15's over the quater on a cold night alot of work to be done