Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Front and Rear Bumper Pricing

benpotter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Olympic
Howdy,

Was browsing marketplace when I saw a front and rear bumper for a VT Exec, paint looked good, seller is asking $100 for each.

Was just wondering if it sounded like a good price.

Wanting to replace both of mine due to the scrapes on the front and paint chipping on the rear. (Can’t really be arsed fixing)

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Doesn't sound too bad to me, but I could be wrong

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Is this a gee-up post? How much were you expecting to pay?

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Surely OP isn't that naive? $100 barely gets a bag of groceries let alone a bumper bar. In saying that, I'd be more concerned about ones ability to replace said bumper if they have to ask a question like this

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
1. Go to ebay.com.au
2. Search "VT rear bumper"
3. Make sure ebay doesn't autocorrect "VT" to "VW"
4. Tick the box on the left of screen that says "sold items"
5. See what they've sold for recently.
6. Repeat for "VT front bumper"

IMO, $100 is a pretty standard price for a bumper. Probably a good deal if the paint is flawless and it's nearby. Freight is going to make it not worth it.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Guhh don't get me started on that ebay VW thing. Is that only recent? Mine only started it maybe 3 weeks ago. And if using phone, it can't over-ride it.

Yeah, if paint is good and of course, the right colour, then perhaps that bumper is worth several hundred in saved paint costs. White not so much, since it's so common and often bad paint is not obvious or matching to car.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Guhh don't get me started on that ebay VW thing. Is that only recent? Mine only started it maybe 3 weeks ago. And if using phone, it can't over-ride it.
Jesus it's annoying, isn't it? It definitely is a recent thing. Does it for VX as well. On computer there's an option at the top you can click that says "Showing results for VX and VW. Search only for VX?" which I actually only just discovered because apparently I skip over all the bs at the top and just look at the results. The good thing about this is that if you are logged in to your ebay account and you click on the "search only for VX" link, it makes the autocorrect go away on both computer and your phone (provided you're logged in on your phone as well). So go log in on a computer and fix it up and it should bugger off for good on your phone.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I'll have to check that out. I noticed on desktop it says you can select A instead of B, phone seemed more limited. I'm sure the neighbours know about it at 3am too....Muvva Fu...!!!

Reactions: Lex