Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt master cylinder wont fit

raulb4515

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
Hi guys,
ive recently purchased a vt master cylinder and booster for my vr ss and i have upgraded to vt calipers. Calipers are in but im stuck on installing the m/c and booster. What mods must be done. Has anybody installed vt brakes into their vr. Any help appreciated.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
You need to modify your old bracket and the pedal pushrod on the booster.
You need to weld up the old hole on the booster and redrill it at 113mm i think.

To modify your old bracket..*thinks of best way to explain*. follow this link. Project VN AERO

He used a vn bracket, the vr bracket is slightly different but mostly the same. Just make the cuts in the end with your grinder like he did and put it in a vice and use a shifter to bend the corners in till they touch and redrill the holes for the vt booster.

He redrilled the pushrod hole at 111mm, jimbo did say in this write up i did a while back that 113mm was better. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...1993-1997/74570-vt-booster-m-c-vr-v8-abs.html
If you have the tools on hand it only takes an hour to modify it. A 56mm holesaw is the best time saver if you have it.

If you think the brakes are ok now with the old booster, wait till you put in the vt booster and master in, it makes them grab like **** to a blanket