Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Monaro tail lights question???

VT-MMM

VT - MMM
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S1
Hey everyone. i want to change my stock lights to monaro tail lights will monaro lights plug straight in or will i need anything else to fit them. Somebody help please!!!
Thanks
VT-MMM

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Check the FAQ at the top of the section man, theres 4 threads that cover it all

hsvmad86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Hey everyone. i want to change my stock lights to monaro tail lights will monaro lights plug straight in or will i need anything else to fit them. Somebody help please!!!
Thanks
VT-MMM

i changed my tail lights a little while back. they fit straight in, though you'll need to replace a small part of the loom as the standard ones do not fit, which is dead easy. recommend you get them from holden because they'll know what ones to give you to save headaches. just unplug the little white plug from inside the boot lid carpet, pull the end globe section through the little rubber grommets, feed monaro ones through and plug in. replace globes into relevant holders and you're done.

word of advice just in case, I'd recommend GENUINE monaro tail lights, as the others are not suitable for road use, they leak bad and cause short circuiting apparently. cheaper to get the real thing in the long run.

kohan

kohan
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec s1 wagon 6cyl
yes you can, but why would you want to, your car will look far better with standard lights, just lower your car if you want cheap exterior good looks

hsvmad86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
yes you can, but why would you want to, your car will look far better with standard lights, just lower your car if you want cheap exterior good looks

yeah, but so many commodores out there are just lowered... why just blend into the crowd, when you can do something extra to stand out and be different to everyone else... and in many cases, to properly lower your car, you'd need to spend a fair bit more to do it properly than you'd spend on a set of tail lights... so it's not actually "cheap" in the long run....

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
yeah, but so many commodores out there are just lowered... why just blend into the crowd, when you can do something extra to stand out and be different to everyone else... and in many cases, to properly lower your car, you'd need to spend a fair bit more to do it properly than you'd spend on a set of tail lights... so it's not actually "cheap" in the long run....

Wait wait wait, did you just suggest getting monaro lights would be standing out? please tell me you did, i'd love anew sig quote.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
why just blend into the crowd, when you can do something extra to stand out and be different to everyone else...
and thats why you DONT get Monaro tail lights unless you are a sheep.
seriously, if you want to be different, keep your stock lights instead.
you wont be impressing anyone by wasting money on Monaro tail lights for your povo pack VT.

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
My car is stock and stands out so much compared to the cheap altezza and monaro lights you see everywhere.