Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Monaro tail lights question???

lordmuz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 MY10 WM Caprice 3.6L V6 SIDI
I have some photos to share of my VT series 1 Berlina. I changed the tail lights and rear decor panel in January this year. I like the VZ Monaro back end - I think it looks much smarter than the stock VT. Previous posters were correct mentioning that the Alteza type chrome aftermarket Monaro lights aren't ADR approved. The main reason for this is they have no internal reflection inside the lamp bezel. Since the VT (like the VZ Monaro) doesn't have any reflectors on the bumper, to keep legal the tail lights must have a reflective component internal to the light. The VX doesn't have reflective lights, but instead has those ugly oval reflectors on the rear bumper. If you want to keep legal, buy genuine GMH lights. You can find them on ebay for around $145 including globes and loom.

I found a good website which explained all the nitty gritty details - I have posted it here if anyone is keen to read it:

Project VT 2 Monaro

The main things you will need to do the mod like I did are:

1: Geniune GMH Monaro tail lights (I paid $153 which included delivery from an ebay seller for brand new, genuine GMH tail lights. This included the bulbs and also the loom).
2: VX executive decor panel (GM92148334 - $140 from Holden dealer)
3: Decor panel seal (GM92143281 - $44 from Holden dealer)
4: Decor panel bolts + seal ASM07 qty 4 (GM92138556 - $2.29 from Holden dealer)
5: Lamp asm Licence Plate qty 2 ($11 ea from Holden Dealer)
6: 3m length 10A green hookup wire for wiring left hand side reverse lamp.

All up, including painting the VX garnish, it cost around $500.00. Personally, I think it was worth it.

Here are some photos of the finished product:

25012009015Medium.jpg

Picture010Medium.jpg

Picture011Medium.jpg