Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Pre Tensioners/Airbag Light

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Not a lot of scan tools will read or clear all of the SRS codes. The GM Tech 2 scan tool obviously does, I'm not sure what other 'cheap' scan tools will. I have an entry level Autel unit that will read codes on my VT that my mates Vident i400 won't. I had to replace the srs module under the console, even though the light was on, the cheaper unit wouldn't read the code.
My Vident i400 clears the srs codes on my vt.

I have vf steering wheel on my vt. For 3.5 years l couldn't clear the code (code 19 capitance to high).

When setting it up, the wiring diagram didn't have a capacitor in airbag plug. So, l just had whatever plug came with the airbag for the vf.

2- 3 months ago, l was looking at oem wiring diagram, & noticed the capacitor in the diagram.
Wired the vt plug (with capacitor) into the circuit. Now, when scanning the error code was in history (not current) & it cleared. Yahoo!

2 weeks later a longer drive than usual, the airbag light came back on. This time high resistance l think?

Scanned & cleared.

2 weeks later same again long er drive than usual airbag light back on. Same code again l think.
This time wouldn't clear.
So, disconnected the abs module, scanned & cleared the code. Then reconnected the abs module.

Figured it would probably come back on the next longer drive. So re-soldered the connections to the airbag plug.

So far, no more airbag lights. Not even on the longer drives. Which was about 13 km.

VIXTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT VN VU VE
More than I expected to ever sell. I initially only had 50 printed, thinking people wouldn't buy them, it was just something dumb my husband said one day because we've bought so many Commodores with the airbag light on, and I got a laugh out of it, but I've now sold more than 100 in 2 years. I give them away sometimes too whenever people ask about them (there's always one on my commodore, my husband's commodore, my son's commodore...). I can't tell you the buzz I got the first time I saw one in the wild! I took a photo of some stranger's ute in a carpark because I was so excited to see one on somebody else's car.
PM me your address and I'll send you a couple.
Hahaha!!! I just had a look at them - gold!

VIXTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT VN VU VE
Not a lot of scan tools will read or clear all of the SRS codes. The GM Tech 2 scan tool obviously does, I'm not sure what other 'cheap' scan tools will. I have an entry level Autel unit that will read codes on my VT that my mates Vident i400 won't. I had to replace the srs module under the console, even though the light was on, the cheaper unit wouldn't read the code.
We are a workshop and have a decent Autel unit - same problem as you, it's the SRS Module, just struggling to find one with matching numbers...

brett10

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commo
Hi Vixta, i run a workshop as well. Our local wreckers has a big box of modules. Work out if it's a 3, 4 or 6 loop, then grab a module that has the closest part number to what you have. We've done this on a few occasions without problems

VIXTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT VN VU VE
Hi Vixta, i run a workshop as well. Our local wreckers has a big box of modules. Work out if it's a 3, 4 or 6 loop, then grab a module that has the closest part number to what you have. We've done this on a few occasions without problems
Hi, it's a 6 loop - part number on the module is 92092 018, the Bosch number is 0 285 001 465 and it also has 085 in a circle. So what number do I try and get the closest to? And big thanks for your help!

VIXTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT VN VU VE
Hi, it's a 6 loop - part number on the module is 92092 018, the Bosch number is 0 285 001 465 and it also has 085 in a circle. So what number do I try and get the closest to? And big thanks for your help!
Hi Vixta, i run a workshop as well. Our local wreckers has a big box of modules. Work out if it's a 3, 4 or 6 loop, then grab a module that has the closest part number to what you have. We've done this on a few occasions without proble

VIXTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT VN VU VE
Sorry - Blonde Moment! That is the number off a VZ one I have as a sample!