Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT sII stolen NRMA CLAIM PROBLEMS

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Lol my clubby was for sale, anybody interested??

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I need a comeback or im look to be out 15+k

You are going to be out 15K unless you had the car insured for this amount.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
might be about time you had a read of YOUR policy....................if you get paid out then you no longer own the car - the insurer does. Best you do some reading on what happens if YOU make a claim................

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Has it been taken for a joyride and smashed up?

Pretty hard to do with a intact ignition barrel. Do you have both sets of keys? They will want that.

umair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold my car :(
Now I see why these cars have high security in them.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Ive heard cases of dodgey mechanics being busted stealing cars they copy keys and remote codes while work is getting done on your car and just steal it from your address a few months later

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
^^^^can`t be it was recovered, if they went to all that trouble it would be in dubai by now.

bricat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Calais 5.7 A4
If they are only giving you 3 grand tell them to stick it and keep the car. You should be able to sell your engine etc for more than that. If you do mods notify your insurance company straight away. That is as long as it doesn't make it go faster or they will knock back your mods and may not even insure you. Catch 22?

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Once they find out what mods you just had done, dont be surprised if they try to cancel your policy, and refund you the amount of your policy. Be prepared to get a solicitor involved.

ozdaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II Exe 5.7l M/6 Calais 17's F-extr 2/1/2
Update

If they are only giving you 3 grand tell them to stick it and keep the car. You should be able to sell your engine etc for more than that. If you do mods notify your insurance company straight away. That is as long as it doesn't make it go faster or they will knock back your mods and may not even insure you. Catch 22?

They offered me 5400 if there inquisition sorry inquiry come out in my favour so Im telling them to stick there 5.4k up there tight arse.
was funny that when I dropped off the engine receipts including the harrop gear, i got a ph call 45min latter stating market value was 5400 and they were going to ride off the car, im betting if i took that offer the car or the running gear at least would never see auction.
Getting it back tomorrow ill post the dammage pic see what you guys think BTW im looking for a VT II front end body kit.
But the fact im cutting away the dragging fibreglass sticking a 17in rim on it and legally driving it home must say something.
PIC'S SOON really want some feedback on dammage and to ID the holden factory mag on it so i can chase a new one.
THANKS GUYS

Ozdaz