Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt spluttering while going up hill

Dismissedtub

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Calais v6
My Vt commodore struggles when you give it some power when going up an incline, it’s like a spluttering and shakes the car a little bit. Have also notice it also does the splutter thingy when you plant your foot when stopped sometimes. The only things I have done to the car is headers, catback exhaust and cai.

So I was thinking do I need to have it tuned as this would have messed with the fuel ratio? Or if I’m just missing something

Cheers for any help

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
Typical symptoms for coils or DFI module, but start with the basics first; spark plugs.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You won't need a tune with those mods. Too hard to find a tuner in SA anyway. Like Grimes said it will likely be component related.

commodoredave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
My Vt commodore struggles when you give it some power when going up an incline, it’s like a spluttering and shakes the car a little bit. Have also notice it also does the splutter thingy when you plant your foot when stopped sometimes. The only things I have done to the car is headers, catback exhaust and cai.

So I was thinking do I need to have it tuned as this would have messed with the fuel ratio? Or if I’m just missing something

Cheers for any help
Unless pluigs are onvuosult fouled my money is on the Ignition coils. Check the ohms resistance of each of the coils using a multimeter. MM's are about $10 in bunnings and worth the money for troubleshooting electrics