Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt ss series 1 rough ldle and loss of power after manifold gasket change.

paulforaname

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS
Hi all,
Today I changed my roller lifters on my VT SS 5.0
While I made manifold off I replaced leads, did a fuel injector rebuild with kit as seemed appropriate while all accessible. Also cleaned manifold exterior and cleaned throttle body and replaced T/B gasket.
Now its all back together but runs abit rough, took foe a drive and feels like cam change as sounds like about to stall but slowly got better. Also seems to have lost power.
After taking foe drive for about 100kms it seems to improved abit and seems to rev higher before changing up in lower gears.I've had a bit of a look ans no oil, fuel leaks. Could I have dislodged lead for dissy or plugs gone..
Hope someone has been through this to give me some help.
Cheers Paulie

D

devilly

dunno if this will help or not,after you get up to temp and it cools down ,check tightness of bolts on manifold.

just double check everything you have done :) you may have missed something.

paulforaname

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS
Cheers found issue, had mate helping and drivers side rear fuel rail wasnt bolted on. He didnt push into place and thought bolt was tight. All good, although I kinda sounded cool like a lumpy cam.lol.
Thanks mate