Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt ss 'vs' Vx ss

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Hey guys. I have been looking around for a vx ss to buy. A mate just got a vt ss with the 5.7litre and i had a drive and thought it went pretty good. It was 100% stock. I have never drove a vx ss so was wondering if there is much difference. The vt is quite abit cheaper and if there isnt much differences apart from look, then i might get a vt.

Is there much difference in power, handling, braking, and interior, or are they pretty much the same? Cheers.

Oh and im talking about the 6sp manual if that makes any difference.

M

mwb235

Only different front and rear bars, headlights/taillights and the control-link IRS on the VX (series 2), other than that very minor cosmetic differences only.

If the VT2 is in similar nic & has similar km to the VX (and you don't mind the year model being a bit older) go the VT2 i reckon. You could then spend the money you'd save on mods to your VT2.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd go VX. Drive two good examples back to back and you will see the VX is built far better than the VT's (especially the early ones).

Reaper

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
That kinda leaves me split still. I have only ever drove a vt ss and compared to my vn, the vt felt heaps good which i expected haha. but have never drove a vx so cant really compare the two. if there was a big difference i would spend the extra few grand for a vx, but if there was only minor differences i would prob rather a vt and spend extra few grand doing it up.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
That kinda leaves me split still. I have only ever drove a vt ss and compared to my vn, the vt felt heaps good which i expected haha. but have never drove a vx so cant really compare the two. if there was a big difference i would spend the extra few grand for a vx, but if there was only minor differences i would prob rather a vt and spend extra few grand doing it up.

I had both from new and found the VX won hands down. (Looks better too IMO). You won't be disappointed with the VT but the VX is a nicer car.

Reaper

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
i havent driven an ss version of the vx but instead an s model of my cousins. i myself own a vt S1 s model and have to say his vx is a much nicer drive, although mines done 40 thou more k's i believe a vx of similar k would still have come up tromps. Saying that the vt including mine :p are still a good drive themselves an depending onhow much differnce the price was i think youd be very happy with a good vt

M

mwb235

The VX does look a bit cleaner than the VT2, and naturally a newer model will always have some improvements and feel "better" for most people. It's like myself - right now i'd love a 2002 model VX2 Calais, but i cannot justify the effort to update to something that is almost identical. As a VT owner i don't even know if i'd bother updating to a VY/VZ - if i was getting a loan right now (which i would have to) i'd be getting a VE.

In your case you're going from VN to VT2/VX, so you have to ask yourself is the small difference between VT2 and VX worth the cost? If as you say looks aren't important, and providing you find a VT2 in comparable condition, the answer is no. But if it doesn't feel right to you, go the VX.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
VX's had a better rear suspension set up too(in the series 2 anyways). Tyre dont camber out as much to improve tread wear.
Also VX get a better intake manifold than the VT. A lot of VT owners generally by the VX manifolds when they start to mod as they breathe a lot better.

MzVTSS195i

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 195i
i would spend a little extra and get the upgrade..... if u can see yourself in the car for the next 3+ years why not spend a little more now and save it later?

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
Definitely go the VX SS, and even better if you can get the series 2.. It's pretty much a VT, looks better and Holden have gotten rid of all the little errors the VT had, and it will last much longer.