Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT stalling while driving

Thrillie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Is changing the fuel pump relay and flushing ur fuel filter the only thing thats been done 2 the car 2 find the fault??

The cop chip is a myth btw.

Yeh, it's been the only thing he did (and he didn't charge)....but he said it could be any number of things.

All the code said (I think) was: server error (a bit like a poota)

Dang! re the cop chip....the car really is hot tho and moves!!

Thrillie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Another thing I have noticed recently, and haven't experienced this before is that it is slower to change up.....I put it down to old age (I feel a lot like that now!)....Could this have something to do with it?

Cheers

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini

RockyD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Wagon
Thank god, I thought I was the only one with CAS problems........I am on my 4th in 12 months. NRMA and I are on first name basis now. The last mech told me it could be a dirty earth, or a spike in the alternator or regulator????? that keeps shorting it out??? My local mech just shakes his head now and cries after the tow truck dumps it in his driveway?? IS there anyone who has had the problem and gotten rid of it?? Thx Rocky

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
I have also received a suggestion to clean the terminals on the plug to the coil pack, apparently it does not have gold plated terminals, so it may be susseptible to rust, corrosion, getting dirty etc. There is only one, it is the one with the screw/bolt thing holding it in.

Edit: Did it the other day and so far I have not experienced any more stalls while driving or significant rpm drops. Fingers crossed for the weeks to come!
I basically unplugged it, looked at it and couldn't see any corrosion on the side that i un plugged, plugged it back in, then out and then in again etc. to remove any loose bits of rust or corrosion if any at all, thus hopefully ensuring good terminal contact and so far good results, but we'll see.

Last edited:

VT Fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2 Wagon
Hi Guys, sorry i never came back to give an update. I ended up calling a different mechanic and he said the next time it stops spray aero start in to the air intake and if the car starts it is the fuel pump. I tried this and guess what, the car started so i took my car to him to change the fuel pump and haven't had a problem since.

Last edited:

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Well if i payed some one $1000 to not even fix the problem i wouldn't pay
You need to be more upfront with the .mechanic......Ask them i want this fixed find the problem and i will pay you
A couple months ago i had a mechanic change some strut top bearings plate and bearings
Anyway after 1 month they broke
Anyway he took the parts off my car went to get a better polyuathane ones
Fitted them than called me up to collect my car...
He said ok the parts are not covered by warrenty.....He wanted the whole price of the new parts plus petrol......
..........I said i am not paying all that i just pay the differance like i said befor

Unbeliveable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Parts not covered by warrenty after 1 month.....He done the work let him sort it out

VT Fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2 Wagon
I didn't end up paying the mechanic. I told him if he wanted to be payed for a job he didn't fix I would charge him for the time off work I had to take for him to try and fix it.

You don't pay a builder that has half finished building your house so why should a mechanic be any different.

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
I didn't end up paying the mechanic. I told him if he wanted to be payed for a job he didn't fix I would charge him for the time off work I had to take for him to try and fix it.

You don't pay a builder that has half finished building your house so why should a mechanic be any different.

I am glad you didn't pay
Its unbeliveable i read some times on this forom.........The machaic charged me $$$$$$$$$$ and didn't fix the problem ...I like what the hell did you pay him for