Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT stock radio/cassette player security code.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
As above check your handbook , there is a card/ book with the code in that .

2010patrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V8
I needed to get my code for my cd player, and my holden dealer wanted to charge me $50!!!!!! I said nope and left. I'll just wait a few weeks till my nee stereo comes

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I needed to get my code for my cd player, and my holden dealer wanted to charge me $50!!!!!! I said nope and left. I'll just wait a few weeks till my nee stereo comes

Try a different dealership. Some charge, some don't.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
If you have an ALDL cable, I reckon we could try pull the codes directly out of the radio :)
I havent had a VX or VX radio to pop the tech2 on so havent been able to see whats happening. If theres a willing tester we can put this baby to rest.

My mechanic used his tech 2 tool to get the radio code when i had the stock unit in place..
Yep, stock unit can get its code pull from the security details in the BCM.

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Vt 3.8l v6
I called holden and within 2mins i had the code for free. I have a Vt 98 and the code given to me was 3113. The 1111 works for 3mins thats all. I turned the key to the on position and then a 1 came up. Then entered the code and all of a sudden it sprung to life! Hope this helps.

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
Last week i got a cheap vx for a daily driver and the radio was asking for the code. I went to holden with the rego papers and they gave me the number for free.

Phantom309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive
Last week i got a cheap vx for a daily driver and the radio was asking for the code. I went to holden with the rego papers and they gave me the number for free.

Which dealership did you use? I need the code for my Eurovox too and I'm in the Newcastle area.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The other option is to start entering all the codes between 1111 and 6666 until you find the right one. Three codes per hour