Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E_3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hi all

Just figured out why a rear door central locking and power window failed = torn B-pillar wires sticking out of their broken boot.

Is there any illustrative or other guide on how to replace the loom / remove door skin / etc?

Is there a difference between VT Series 1 and Series 2 looms?

Are these looms available new still?

For what I understand is a common fault, I haven't been able to find anything to help with a DIY fix.

Thanks in advance!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Definite difference between series 1 and 2 looms. Series 2 is the same as VX.
Series 1 looms connect at the body. series 2 have a plug behind the rubber grommet.
Pretty much just remove the door trim, unplug all the electricals, cut the cable ties (since you won't be re-using the loom) then pull the loom out.
Call Holden for availability.

E_3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Cheers for the VT S1 v VX confirmation :)

The part that I am unsure about is the B-pillar. Remove its trim also and connect the new loom from there?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Which series do you have?
The only trim that needs removing is the door trim.
Series 1 loom connects directly at the pillars.
Series 2 connects via a plug that is behind the part of the rubber boot that goes into the pillar. Pull the boot away from the pillar, pull the loom out a bit and you will see the plug.

E_3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Sorry, it's a Series 1. Just found one of your more detailed posts... wish there were pics for the B-pillar part!

"Quite easy really, just a matter of taking the door trim off, unplugging the loom at the body (the plugs differ from series 1 to series 2 so they unplug differently from each other, series 1 unplugs at he body, series 2 has a connector behind the grommet part of the rubber boot), then unplug all the connectors in the door (central locking, mirror, speaker,power window and anything else I might have missed. Then you need to remove all the cable tie things that plug into the little holes in the door to keep the loom in place. You can just break them all off if you are going to put a new loom in anyway. You can then just pull the loom out and put the new one in in the reverse order."