Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt V6 II wiring etc in behind dashboard facia

commodoredave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
no turbo or s/charge
Does anyone know what wiring/fuses, junctions etc are immediately behind the centre air vents area in the cabin dashboard fascia ( to the left of the steering wheel instrument cluster)? If electrical short circuit scented smoke was wafting through the air vents into the cabin what would you suspect ( best guess) was getting "fried".??

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
no turbo or s/charge
Does anyone know what wiring/fuses, junctions etc are immediately behind the centre air vents area in the cabin dashboard fascia ( to the left of the steering wheel instrument cluster)? If electrical short circuit scented smoke was wafting through the air vents into the cabin what would you suspect ( best guess) was getting "fried".??
Wiring for the heater or head unit?
Climate control or normal heater a/c?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Buggered blower motor. Buggered fan/blower motor resister.

There isn’t any connector immediately behind that area. There is a harness that goes past there.

If the smell is coming from the vents, it’s coming upstream of the air flow. Blower motor and resistor. Then the engine bay is next because your could get some air drawn in via the engine bay.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
aftermarket stereo bodgy wiring

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
What flavour? Exec or Berlina? If it's an Exec I can send you a photo of what's there this arvo because I've got one pulled apart at the moment.

Reactions: Lex

commodoredave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
What flavour? Exec or Berlina? If it's an Exec I can send you a photo of what's there this arvo because I've got one pulled apart at the moment.
exec. plain factory vanilla. photo would be much appreciated. Than you in advance.

Reactions: Lex